Race Name: Firecracker 250 (Race 16 of 33)
Venue: Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Ross Chastain of Kaulig Racing (Chevrolet)
Results: Cole Custer: 27th | Chase Briscoe: 36th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 637 points; trails points leader by 81 points
– Chase Briscoe: 10th with 498 points; trails points leader by 220 points
Cole Custer / Jacob Companies Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer qualified in the 15th position and stayed there for most of Stage 1. He would obtain damage from two separate incidents, putting him in the 19th finishing position for the stage.
– The team would not pit after Stage 1 and would restart in fifth position. He would race around the top-10 for most of Stage 2.
– The No. 00 Jacob Companies Ford Mustang would muscle his way to an eighth place finish in Stage 2, earning him three stage points.
– Custer started the final stage fifth but would drop to 18th as he would obtain damage from another wreck.
– After a yellow flag on lap 73, the No. 00 would pit to repair damage and to check the toe of the car. He would restart 20th when they went back green.
– A wreck ahead of Custer would end the teams day as the No. 00 had nowhere to go and would wind up within the wreck. He would finish in the 27th position.
Next Up: Alsco 300 at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky on July 12th at 7:30 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Jacob Companies Ford Mustang:
“I don’t think I go into these races with the right mindset. I tell myself I am going to be aggressive and get to the front early to avoid all of the wrecks, but then I try to play it safe to last all the way to the end. I’m thankful that Stewart-Haas builds safe cars and that we were all able to walk away from the incident. We will turn our focus to Kentucky to try and grab our fifth win of the season.”