Race Name: Camping World 300 (Race 15 of 33)
Venue: Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Illinois
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Cole Custer of Stewart-Haas Racing (Ford)
Results: Cole Custer: 1st | Chase Briscoe: 16th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 621 points; trails points leader by 70 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 493 points; trails points leader by 198 points
Cole Custer / Haas Automation Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer qualified in the second position and led most of Stage 1. He won the stage and earned 10 stage points.
– The team would pit for tires and fuel and win the race off of pit road to start Stage 2 in first.
– The No. 00 Haas Ford Mustang pitted from the lead during a caution with 12 laps remaining in the stage. He restarted 11th and charged up to finish third and earn eight additional stage points.
– Custer started the final stage in first and lead every lap until a green flag pit stop with 45 laps remaining.
– The No.00 made it back up to third before a caution with 28 laps to go. He pitted for tires and fuel.
– Custer would restart third, reassume the lead with 21 laps to go and go on to win his fourth race of 2019.
– Custer led a race-high 151 laps and earned his third career win at 1.5 mile tracks.
Next Up: Circle K Firecracker 250 Powered by Coca-Cola at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona, Florida on July 5th at 7:30 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang:
“I knew we were going to be good this year with Mike Shiplett coming on board, I just didn’t know how long it would take us to get there. As you can see, the guys at Stewart-Haas have been building great cars and we just keep getting better and better. It’s just a privilege to drive them. I knew I was going to have to get better at running the top in order to win today and practicing it yesterday really paid off. I think we will continue to get better throughout this summer stretch and have something to look out for.”