Race Name: Drive for the Cure 250 presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina (Race 28 of 33)
Venue: The Roval at Charlotte Motor Speedway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Stages: 20 laps / 20 laps / 27 laps (67 Total Laps)
Race Winner: AJ Allmendinger of Kaulig Racing (Chevrolet)
Results: Cole Custer: 8th | Chase Briscoe: 9th
– Cole Custer: 2nd with 2,133 points; Clinched a position to the Round of 8
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 2,097 points; with a 35 point advantage over the final transfer position to the Round of 8
Cole Custer / Autodesk Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer started fourth and ran third most of Stage 1. Custer would pit with three laps remaining in Stage 1 and would finish the stage in 10th.
– The No. 00 Autodesk Fusion 360 team started first in Stage 2 and finished first to add 10 points and on eplayoff point..
– Custer brought the No. 00 Ford to pit road for four tires, fuel and an air pressure adjustment, but would get blocked in and would end up losing eight spots on pit road, forcing him to restart 13th in the final stage.
– The No. 00 Autodesk Ford was spun on lap 44 causing damage to the left rear quarter. The team would pit twice to fix the damage. He would restart in 30th.
– Custer would battle his way to the top-20 before another yellow would fly on lap 48. The team would pit again and would restart 28th.
– The caution would wave on lap 61 with Custer running 8th. He would restart 8th and ultimately end the race there.
– Custer has clinched a spot in the Round of 8 on points.
Next Up: Use Your Melon Drive Sober 200 at Dover International Speedway on October 5th at 3:00 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Autodesk Ford Mustang:
“We really had nothing go our way it felt like this entire race. We started off and the car was too tight to be able to really do much, but we had great long run speed. We got boxed in on one of our stops and that forced us to restart in the middle of the field. We took the green and got spun out and received some damage from that and just had to battle hard to get the Autodesk Fusion 360 Mustang back into the top-10, so I can’t thank my guys enough for sticking with it and putting me back up there.”