Date: May 25, 2019
Race Name: Alsco 300 (Race 11 of 33)
Venue: Charlotte (NC.) Motor Speedway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Tyler Reddick of Richard Childress Racing (Chevrolet)
Results: Chase Briscoe: 19th | Cole Custer: 24th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 417 points; trails points leader by 103 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 369 points; trails points leader by 151 points
Cole Custer / Thompson Pipe Group Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer started second and led 17 laps before falling to second where he would finish Stage 1.
– The No. 00 Ford started 20th after pitting to fix damage to the nose of the car after hitting debris. Custer would jump to seventh to end Stage 2.
– Custer would the third and final stage from 18th after fixing damage under the caution. He would gain 7 spots before a yellow on lap 100.
– The No. 00 Thompson Pipe Ford Mustang restarted 11th and would gain eight spots to the third position before another caution on lap 142.
– Three more cautions would fly and Custer would gain the lead on lap 173 before the final caution on lap 181.
– The No. 00 did not pit and would restart first. Custer dropped to sixth and would drive to fourth before he would experience a cut tire and dropped to 24th to end the race.
Next Up: Pocono Green 250 at Pocono Raceway in Pocono, Pennsylvania, on June 1 at 1:00 p.m. EDT broadcast by Fox Sports 1.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Thompson Pipe Group Ford Mustang:
“I got such a good restart before this final start because I got a good launch but that didn’t happen this time around and we spun the tires and fell back. I’m pretty frustrated with myself, I think we had a really good Thompson Pipe Group Mustang and I made too many mistakes there at the end. The team did a great job at fixing the car after hitting debris in the first stage, just frustrating that it ended the way it did.”