Date: April 6, 2019
Race Name: Alsco 300 (Race 7 of 33)
Venue: Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, Tennessee
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Results: Cole Custer: 3rd | Chase Briscoe: 4th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 275 points; trails points leader by 46 points
– Chase Briscoe: 8th with 220 points; trails points leader by 101 points
Cole Custer / Haas Automation Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer started first and finished third in Stage 1 to pick up eight stage points.
– The No. 00 Ford started 12th and finished fourth in Stage 2 to pick up an additional seven stage points.
– Custer started third in the final stage where he would stay for most of the stage.
– A caution flag was thrown with 40 laps remaining.
– The No. 00 came to pit road for four tires and fuel during the stop and returned to the racetrack in the fourth position after one driver did not pit.
– Custer would move back into third with 22 laps remaining, where he would ultimately finish.
Next Up: ToyotaCare 250 at Richmond Raceway in Richmond, Virginia, on April 12th at 7 p.m. EDT broadcast by Fox Sports 1.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang:
“We didn’t have the fire off speed that everyone else had, but we were really good in the long run. It was just too hard to pass today and you just had to have the perfect scenario happen to be able to make it by someone. That scenario didn’t happen much for us today, but we know what we have to do to get better for the next time. We will work on it and be ready when we come back in the Fall.”