Race Name: Food City 300 (Race 22 of 33)
Venue: Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway
Television: 7:30 p.m. EDT on NBCSN
– Cole Custer: 3rd; trails points leader by 105 points
– Chase Briscoe: 7th; trails points leader by 226 points
– Cole and Chase will be signing autographs on Friday from 2:00pm to 2:30pm at the Ford Performance display in the fan zone and from 2:30pm to 3:00pm at the Stewart-Haas Racing merchandise rig in the fan zone.
- Custer qualified on the pole and finished third at the Spring Race in Bristol.
- Custer has four consecutive top-ten finishes at Bristol Motor Speedway, highlighted by a third-place finish in April 2019.
- Crew chief Mike Shiplett has 12 starts with seven top-fives, eight top-10’s and two wins with the last coming in August of 2018.
- Click here for Custer’s career stats.
- Click here for Custer’s stats at Bristol Motor Speedway.
- Click here for photos of Cole.
- Click here for Custer’s infamous Bristol intro.
Haas Automation, Inc., is America’s leading builder of CNC machine tools. Founded by Gene Haas in 1983, Haas Automation manufactures a complete line of vertical and horizontal machining centers, turning centers and rotary tables and indexers. All Haas products are built in the company’s 1,100,000-square-foot manufacturing facility in Oxnard, California, and distributed through a worldwide network of Haas Factory Outlets that provides the industry’s best sales, service and support while offering unparalleled cost-to-performance value.
You qualified on the pole here in the Spring and led 25 laps but finished third. What will it take to capitalize this weekend and get your first win at Bristol?
“We had a really good car in the Spring and fell just a little short of where we should have been at the end. Our guys at the shop have been working on getting the car ready and we will be good to go this weekend. Shiplett knows his way around this place and knows how to set the car up for this track, so I’m not too worried about our unload speed. I am looking forward to getting back to an oval, especially Bristol because it’s one of the coolest places we go and the night time just adds that much more to the race.”