Date: March 16, 2019
Race Name: Production Alliance Group 300 (Race 5 of 33)
Venue: Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California
Television: 5:00 p.m. EDT on FOX Sports 1
COLE CUSTER NOTES OF INTEREST:
Crew Chief: Mike Shiplett Spotter: Joel Edmonds
- Cole Custer, who hails from nearby Ladera Ranch, California, returns to his home track in the NASCAR Xfinity Series for this weekend’s Production Alliance Group 300 at Auto Club Speedway.
- Custer will make his third NASCAR appearance at the 2-mile oval. He has two previous starts in the NASCAR Xfinity Series with a best finish of fourth in 2018.
- Crew chief Mike Shiplett has recorded one win and five top-10’s at Auto Club Speedway.
- Click here for Custer’s career stats.
- Click here for Custer’s stats at Auto Club Speedway.
- Click here for photos of Cole.
Headquartered in Southern California, Thompson Pipe Group is a manufacturer of reinforced concrete pipe and box, FLOWTITE® and other pipe solutions for storm water, water transmission, sewage, and industrial applications. Thompson manufactures pipe nationwide and is one of few American-owned companies with the ability to supply water/wastewater piping in the United States and Canada.
You’re at your home track, Auto Club Speedway, this week. What are you looking forward to the most while being out there?
“Fontana is always one of the biggest races for me with it being my home track. It’s also one of the most fun tracks we go to as a driver with the multiple lanes and worn out surface. It’s a place we have had a lot of speed in the past, so hopefully we can put it all together this time.”