Event: Atlanta 250 (Round 2 of 33)
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Location: Atlanta Motor Speedway (1.54-mile oval)
Format: 163 laps, broken into three stages (40 laps/40 laps/83 laps)
Start/Finish: 4th/39th (Accident, completed 10 of 163 laps)
Point Standing: 25th with 25 points
Race Winner: Kevin Harvick of Stewart-Haas Racing with Biagi-DenBeste (Ford)
Stage 1 Winner: Kevin Harvick of Stewart-Haas Racing with Biagi-DenBeste (Ford)
Stage 2 Winner: Kevin Harvick of Stewart-Haas Racing with Biagi-DenBeste (Ford)
Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-40):
- Cole Custer started fourth, finished 39th.
- Custer piloted the Haas Automation Ford inside the top-three in the opening laps of the race.
- On lap 11, the No. 42 car made contact with Custer sending him into the wall, ultimately ending his day.
- This was Custer’s second NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
- Four cautions slowed the race for 21 laps.
- Only seven of the 40 drivers finished on the lead lap.
- Kevin Harvick won the Atlanta 250 to score his 47th career Xfinity Series victory, first of the season and fifth at Atlanta. His margin of victory over second-place Joey Logano was 4.183 seconds.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang for Stewart-Haas Racing With Biagi-DenBeste:
“I was just kind of biding my time there trying to save my tires and I don’t even know exactly what happened. I just got hit going down the straightaway and got wrecked from there. It sucks because I thought we had a great Haas Automation Mustang. We’ll go on to the next one and battle our way back up in the playoff points standings.”