Race Name: Zippo 200 at The Glen (Race 20 of 33)
Venue: Watkins Glen International in Watkins Glen, NY
Television: 3:00 p.m. EDT on NBC
– Cole Custer: 3rd; trails points leader by 97 points
– Chase Briscoe: 7th; trails points leader by 232 points
- This will mark Briscoe’s first Xfinity Series start at the 7-turn, 2.45-mile road course of Watkins Glen.
- Briscoe has one win, eight top-fives and 14 top-10’s through the 2019 season.
- In 60 NASCAR national series starts, Briscoe has four wins, 20 top-fives and 33 top-10’s.
- This will mark Richard Boswell’s third start atop the pit box at WGI with a best finish of fifth coming in 2018.
- Click here for Briscoe’s career stats.
- Click here for photos of Chase.
Ford’s racing program is part of the Ford Performance organization based in Dearborn, Mich. It is responsible for major racing operations globally, including NASCAR, IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, FIA World Endurance Championship, FIA World Rally Championship, Virgin Australia Supercars, Formula Drift, and NHRA Funny Car and sportsman drag racing. In addition, the organization also oversees the development of Ford’s racing engines, as well as the outreach programs with all Ford Clubs and Ford enthusiasts. For more information regarding Ford racing’s activities, please visit www.fordperformance.com, Ford Performance on Facebook, Ford Performance on Instagram and @FordPerformance on Twitter.
The last time you raced a road course in the NASCAR Xfinity Series (Charlotte Roval) you came awayvictorious. How confident are you heading into Watkins Glen?
“I don’t really consider myself a great road course racer, but for whatever reason I tend to run well at them. This will be my first time racing at Watkins Glen, so it will be a learning curve for sure but I’m up for the challenge and can’t wait to get there. Hopefully we can double down and pick up another win this weekend in our Ford Performance Mustang and get ourselves in an even better position for the playoffs.”