Date: April 27, 2019
Race Name: MoneyLion 300 (Race 9 of 33)
Venue: Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Tyler Reddick of Richard Childress Racing (Chevrolet)
Results: Chase Briscoe: 4th | Cole Custer: 32nd
– Cole Custer: 4th with 338 points; trails points leader by 75 points
– Chase Briscoe: 7th with 295 points; trails points leader by 118 points
Chase Briscoe / Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe started ninth and finished 14th in Stage 1. He pitted for tires and fuel at the conclusion of the stage.
– The Nutri Chomps Ford started Stage 2 in 13th and finished fourth, earning Briscoe seven valuable stage points.
– The No. 98 Ford started sixth in the final stage after pitting for two tires and fuel. He was shuffled back to 22nd with 39 laps to go.
– Briscoe charged back up to second before a caution flag flew with 27 laps remaining.
– The No. 98 took the lead on the ensuing restart before another caution flew with 11 laps to go.
– Caution waved once again with six laps remaining and Briscoe running in fourth. He would ultimately finish there.
– Briscoe scored his seventh consecutive top-10 of the 2019 season.
Next Up: Allied Steel Buildings 200 at Dover International Speedway in Dover, Delaware, on May 4th at 1:30 p.m. EDT broadcast by Fox Sports 1.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang:
“Today was really a lot of fun. For awhile, I thought it was going to be like Daytona, but I started making some moves and got some guys to go with us. There at the end we were making some pretty crazy moves and I’m not sure how we didn’t wreck, but it was a blast. Hopefully it was as fun for the fans as it was from the seat.”