Race Name: CTECH Manufacturing 180 (Race 23 of 33)
Venue: Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
Television: 3:00 p.m. EDT on NBCSN
– Cole Custer: 3rd; trails points leader by 139 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th; trails points leader by 236 points
- Chase Briscoe will make his Road America debut this weekend.
- Through 22 races in 2019, Briscoe has nine top-fives, 17 top-10’s and an average finish of 8.4.
- This will mark Richard Boswell’s first start atop the box at the 4.048-mile, 14-turn road course.
- Click here for Briscoe’s career stats.
- Click here for photos of Chase.
Ford’s racing program is part of the Ford Performance organization based in Dearborn, Mich. It is responsible for major racing operations globally, including NASCAR, IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, FIA World Endurance Championship, FIA World Rally Championship, Virgin Australia Supercars, Formula Drift, and NHRA Funny Car and sportsman drag racing. In addition, the organization also oversees the development of Ford’s racing engines, as well as the outreach programs with all Ford Clubs and Ford enthusiasts. For more information regarding Ford racing’s activities, please visit www.fordperformance.com, www.facebook.com/FordPerformance, Ford Performance on Instagram and @FordPerformance on Twitter.
You head to Road America this weekend after a second-place finish at Bristol. Does this little bit of momentum help you as you head to a track for the first time?
“We’ve had some good runs recently, especially last weekend in Bristol where I thought we could have won the race. Road America and Bristol are completely different, so when we get back from the Homestead rookie test, I’ll be spending some time at the Ford Simulator trying to figure the 4.048-mile course out. There’s so many turns and the track is so large that it’s going to take a little bit to get comfortable with, but I have faith in Boswell and the whole SHR crew that we will bring a good piece to the track this weekend.”