Date: April 12, 2019
Race Name: ToyotaCare 250 (Race 8 of 33)
Venue: Richmond Raceway in Richmond, Virginia
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Cole Custer of Stewart-Haas Racing (Ford)
Results: Cole Custer: 1st | Chase Briscoe: 8th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 333 points; trails points leader by 29 points
– Chase Briscoe: 8th with 255 points; trails points leader by 107 points
Chase Briscoe / Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang Recap:
– Qualifying was canceled due to inclement weather and the field was lined up by owner’s points.
– Briscoe started ninth and finished ninth in Stage 1, earning him two stage points.
– The Nutri Chomps Ford started Stage 2 in ninth after a four-tire pit stop and finished seventh, earning Briscoe an additional four stage points.
– The No. 98 Ford started seventh in the final stage and fell to 11th with 45 laps to go.
– A caution with 39 laps remaining brought the No. 98 Ford to pit road for four tires, fuel and a track bar adjustment.
– Briscoe restarted eighth and held steady in the closing laps to ultimately finish there.
– Briscoe scored his sixth consecutive top-10 of the 2019 season.
Next Up: MoneyLion 300 at Talladega Superspeedway in Talladega, Alabama, on April 27th at 1 p.m. EDT broadcast by Fox Sports 1.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang:
“At the start of the race I felt like we were going to be really good, but once the sun went down I just lost all forward bite. We kept taking big swings at the race car and it just never seemed to help. I have to get better at telling the team what I need and do some more homework for when we come back here in the playoffs. Overall, I didn’t feel like we had an eighth place car, so we’ll take it and go on to Talladega and see what we can do there.”