Race Name: Go Bowling 250 (Race 27 of 33)
Venue: Richmond Raceway in Richmond, Virginia
Television: 7:30 p.m. EDT on NBCSN
– Cole Custer: 2nd; trails points leader by 11 points
– Chase Briscoe: 5th; trails points leader by 43 points
– Cole and Chase will be signing autographs at the SHR Souvenir Hauler on Friday from 1:00pm to 1:20pm.
– Both drivers will also be at the Xfinity Series autograph session from 2:00pm to 2:45pm on Friday.
– Lastly, both drivers will be at the Ford Activation in the midway signing autographs from 2:50pm to 3:10pm on Friday.
- The NASCAR Xfinity Series Playoffs begin this weekend. In his rookie campaign, Briscoe has clinched his first playoffs berth and sits fifth in the standings with 2012 points.
- Briscoe’s career-best outing at Richmond Raceway was an eighth-place finish during the Spring 2019 event. He had one previous Xfinity Series start at Richmond prior to this season.
- Through 26 races in 2019, Briscoe has one win, nine top-fives, 20 top-10’s and an average finish of 8.3.
- Click here for Briscoe’s career stats.
- Click here for Briscoe’s stats at Richmond.
- Click here for photos of Chase.
Ford’s racing program is part of the Ford Performance organization based in Dearborn, Mich. It is responsible for major racing operations globally, including NASCAR, IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, FIA World Endurance Championship, FIA World Rally Championship, Virgin Australia Supercars, Formula Drift, and NHRA Funny Car and sportsman drag racing. In addition, the organization also oversees the development of Ford’s racing engines, as well as the outreach programs with all Ford Clubs and Ford enthusiasts. For more information regarding Ford racing’s activities, please visit www.fordperformance.com, www.facebook.com/FordPerformance, Ford Performance on Instagram and @FordPerformance on Twitter.
So far this season you have run better at tracks when you return for the second time. Do you think that will be the case with Richmond this weekend?
“I think we have a really good shot to run better at Richmond this weekend than we did back in April for sure. Now that we have some laps together there as a team and have been able to build a notebook, it should help really help us this time around. The last few months we have showed a lot of speed consistently. If it wasn’t for a silly mistake last week, we had a second-place car and would be heading into the playoffs with 10 straight top-10s. We’ll focus hard to be mistake-free this weekend and give this Ford Performance Mustang a good run.”