Date: March 9, 2019
Race Name: iK9 Service Dog 200 (Race 4 of 33)
Venue: ISM Raceway near Phoenix, Arizona
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Results: Cole Custer: 4th | Chase Briscoe: 6th
– Cole Custer: 2nd with 121 points; trails points leader by 18 points
– Chase Briscoe: 13th with 81 points; trails points leader by 58 points
Chase Briscoe / Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe started 12th and worked his way up to ninth on the opening lap, but scraped the wall the next lap and fell to 15th.
– A caution with 13 laps remaining in Stage 1 allowed the team to pit for four tires and fuel. He restarted 18th and finished 13th in Stage 1.
– The Nutri Chomps team started Stage 2 in ninth and finished 14th.
– Briscoe and the No. 98 team started 11th in the final stage after a four-tire pit stop at the conclusion of Stage 2.
– The No. 98 Ford was racing in tenth before a caution on lap 130. Briscoe came to pit road for four tires and fuel during the caution.
– A pit-road speeding penalty forced Briscoe to restart at the rear at the rear of the field. He advanced into the top ten with 32 laps remaining.
– Briscoe gained an additional four spots to finish the race in the sixth position earning his second consecutive top-10 finish.
Race Winner: Kyle Busch of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Next Up: Production Alliance Group 300 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California on March 16th at 5 p.m. EST broadcast by Fox Sports 1.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang:
“It was an up and down day starting off, but it was great to actually qualify for once. It was a struggle for the first three-quarters of the race with a really tight race car. We were going to be sitting pretty there at the end when we came out of the pits in sixth, but got caught speeding down pit road, which really hurt our chances by having to go to the back.”