Race Name: ROXOR 200 (Race 18 of 33)
Venue: New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, New Hampshire
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Christopher Bell Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Results: Cole Custer: 2nd | Chase Briscoe: 6th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 736 points; trails points leader by 76 points
– Chase Briscoe: 7th with 568 points; trails points leader by 244 points
Chase Briscoe / Ford Performance Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe qualified fifth and pitted under yellow on lap 32 running eighth. He restarted 13th and finished stage one in 10th to earn one stage point.
– The No. 98 Ford Mustang stayed out at the conclusion of stage one and started stage two in seventh. He gained one position and finished the stage in sixth to earn an additional five stage points.
– Briscoe pitted at the end of stage two for tires, fuel and wedge adjustments and restarted the final stage in fourth.
– The Ford Performance Mustang ran in fifth in the early part of the final stage, but lost two positions to seventh on lap 135.
– A yellow on lap 140 allowed the team to pit for tires, fuel, and further wedge adjustments. Briscoe restarted eighth with 53 laps remaining.
– Briscoe quickly advanced to sixth on the restart and ultimately finished there to earn his 12th top-10 finish of the season.
Next Up: U.S. Cellular 250 at Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa on July 27th at 5:00 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Ford Performance Ford Mustang:
“New Hampshire is a pretty demanding race track and we weren’t giving each other much room battling for position, so I was having fun out there. It feels good to get our Ford Performance Mustang back towards the front of the field where it belongs. We probably should have had a top-five today, but we’ll keep working and head to Iowa next week to see if we can do better.”