Date: March 2, 2019
Race Name: Boyd Gaming 300 (Race 3 of 33)
Venue: Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Results: Chase Briscoe: 8th | Cole Custer: 9th
– Cole Custer: 2nd; trails points leader by 18 points
– Chase Briscoe: 13th; trails points leader by 58 points
Chase Briscoe / Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe started 28th and worked his way up to 17th before an early caution on lap three. He gained six additional spots over the course of Stage 1 and finished in the 11th place.
– The Nutri Chomps team started Stage 2 in 13th and finished 10th to earn one stage point.
– Briscoe and the No. 98 team started 11th in the final stage after a four tire pit stop at the conclusion of Stage 2.
– The No. 98 Ford lost a lap to the leaders, but took a wave around to regain his lap during a late-race caution with 12 laps remaining.
– Briscoe would pit for four tires and fuel during the caution and restart 10th.
– A caution during overtime would bring Briscoe up to seventh. He fell back to ninth, but gained one spot before the checkered flag to score his first top-10 finish of 2019.
Race Winner: Kyle Busch of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Next Up: NASCAR Xfinity Series 200 at 4 p.m. EST on Saturday, March 9 from ISM Raceway broadcast by Fox Sports 1.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang:
“Overall to come out of here with a top-10 finish after how bad we struggled earlier in the week is something to look up to. We will go to ISM Raceway next week and see what we can do. The wind really picked up with about 40 laps to go and could really feel it down the backstretch into turn three and out of four. I’ve never really felt a difference with the wind in these Xfinity cars, but today it was certainly something that caught our eye.”