Race Name: Rhino Pro Truck Outfitters 300 (Race 26 of 33)
Venue: Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Stages: 45 laps / 45 laps / 110 laps (200 Total Laps)
Race Winner: Tyler Reddick of Richard Childress Racing (Chevrolet)
Results: Cole Custer: 4th | Chase Briscoe: 11th
Point Standings: (After Playoff Reset)
– Cole Custer: 2nd with 2,044 points; trails points leader by 11 points
– Chase Briscoe: 5th with 2,012 points; trails points leader by 43 points
Chase Briscoe / Ford Performance Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe started seventh and finished eighth in Stage 1 to pick up three points.
– The No. 98 Ford Performance Mustang came to pit road for four tires, fuel, air pressure and chassis adjustment at the end of Stage 1.
– Briscoe started Stage 2 in the sixth and finished fourth to score seven additional points.
– The No. 98 Ford came to pit road for four tires, fuel, wedge and air pressure adjustment at the end of Stage 2.
– The No. 98 team started the final stage in fifth and raced his way up to fourth by the lap-112 caution.
– Briscoe brought the No. 98 Ford to pit road for four tires and fuel on lap-113 and restarted fourth on lap 116.
– The No. 98 was racing in the fourth position when the caution came out on lap 128. The team opted to stay out.
– The Ford Performance team came to pit road from the second position under green-flag conditions on lap 170 for four tires and fuel. The team received a speeding penalty and was forced to return to pit road for a pass-through penalty causing the team to drop one lap down to the 18th position.
– Briscoe battled back in the remaining laps to cross the finish line in 11th.
– The No. 98 team finished the regular season with one win, nine top-five finishes and 20 top-10s.
– Las Vegas marked the end of the 26-race Xfinity Series regular season. Both Custer and Briscoe advance to the Xfinity Series Playoffs based on scoring a win in the regular season. Custer will start the playoffs ranked second with 2,044 points, while Briscoe is fifth with 2,012 points heading to the playoff opener at Richmond (Va.) Raceway next week.
– Tyler Reddick of Richard Childress Racing claimed the regular-season championship to pick up an additional 15 playoff points.
Next Up: GoBowling 250 at Richmond Raceway on September 20th at 7:30 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Ford Performance Ford Mustang:
“Our Ford Performance Mustang was a second or third-place car tonight for sure and I made a mistake there on the last pit stop by speeding on pit road. That cost us where we should have finished. My team gave me a really good Ford Mustang and I’m bummed that I let my team down. One mistake like that in the playoffs can be the difference, so I have to clean up the mistakes. We’ll head to Richmond and try to kick off the playoffs with a good run.”