Race Name: Alsco 300 (Race 17 of 33)
Venue: Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Cole Custer of Stewart-Haas Racing (Ford)
Results: Cole Custer: 1st | Chase Briscoe: 5th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 689 points; trails points leader by 75 points
– Chase Briscoe: 8th with 531 points; trails points leader by 233 points
Chase Briscoe / Ford Performance Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe qualified ninth and finished stage one in 10th to earn one stage point.
– The No. 98 Ford Mustang came down pit road for tires, fuel and track bar adjustments and started stage two in 13th.
– Briscoe advanced to seventh in the opening laps of the stage before scraping the wall on lap 62 and falling to 10th.
– Yellow flag waved on lap 68 and the team pitted to check for damage and restarted in 17th. Chase drove up to 11th and finished stage two there.
– A two-tire stop allowed Briscoe to win the race off of pit road and lead the field to green for the final stage. He lead the opening laps and maintained in the top-five throughout much of the stage.
– A green flag pit stop on lap 153 slotted the No. 98 into the fifth position where Briscoe would ultimately finish to earn his seventh top-five of the season.
Next Up: ROXOR 200 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, New Hampshire on July 20th at 4:00 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Ford Performance Ford Mustang:
“It felt really good to get back in the top-five this weekend after a string of bad luck struck us the last couple of weeks. Our No. 98 Ford Performance team worked really hard to get us back up front and Boswell made some great calls to gain us track position to line us up for the run we had there at the end. I wish we had a little more, but we will go on to Loudon and hopefully have another good run.”