Race Name: Kansas Lottery 300 at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Stages: 45 laps / 45 laps / 110 laps (200 Total Laps)
Race Winner: Brandon Jones of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Results: Chase Briscoe: 3rd | Cole Custer: 11th
– Cole Custer: 2nd with 3,095 points; 38 points above the cut line.
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 3,013 points; 2 points below the cut line
Chase Briscoe / Ford Performance Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe started 11th and raced to seventh by the end of Stage 1 to collect four points.
– The No. 98 Ford Performance Mustang started and finished Stage 2 in the fifth position to score six additional points.
– Briscoe started the final stage in fourth and raced his way up to third by a caution on Lap 146.
– The team came to pit road for four tires and fuel, picking up a position on pit road to restart second on Lap 150.
– Briscoe was pushed to the lead on the restart and held it until coming to pit road under caution on Lap 168.
– The Ford Performance Mustang restarted from the second position on Lap 169 after the No. 1 car stayed out.
– Briscoe immediately raced his way back to the lead on Lap 169 and held it until contact from Christopher Bell as he was challenging for the lead brought out a caution flag on Lap 185.
– The No. 00 Ford came to pit road for repairs under caution and restarted 11th on Lap 191.
– Briscoe raced his way back to the sixth position by the following caution on Lap 193.
– He restarted fifth with five laps remaining and crossed the finish line in third.
– Briscoe led twice for 33 laps and was the highest finishing rookie.
– He scored his 12th top-five and 24th top-10 finish in 2019 and his first top-five finish in two career Xfinity Series starts.
Next Up: O’Reilly Auto Parts 300 at Texas Motor Speedway on November 2nd at 8:30 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Ford Performance Ford Mustang:
“We had a really fast Ford Performance Mustang. I know I got tagged in the left rear by Bell but at the same time it felt like the 0 car was going to put me in the fence regardless. These last three races I feel like we have been the car to beat and all three slipped away due to stuff out of our control. It is encouraging that we finished third but we should be locked into Homestead and instead we are two points back.”