Race Name: Kansas Lottery 300 (Race 30 of 33)
Venue: Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, Kansas
Television: 3:00 p.m. EDT on NBC
– Cole Custer: 2nd; trails points leader by 12 points; 36 points above cutoff line
– Chase Briscoe: 6th; trails points leader by 49 points; 4 points below cutoff line
- Chase Briscoe’s career-best finish at Kansas Speedway is a fifth place outing during his 2017 Gander Outdoors Truck Series campaign.
- Through 29 races in 2019, Briscoe has 11 top-fives, 23 top-10’s and an average finish of 8.1.
- Spotter Tim Fedewa has three career starts at Kansas Speedway with a best finish of 18th coming in 2003.
- Click here for Briscoe’s career stats.
- Click here for Briscoe’s stats at Kansas.
- Click here for photos of Chase.
Ford’s racing program is part of the Ford Performance organization based in Dearborn, Mich. It is responsible for major racing operations globally, including NASCAR, IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, FIA World Endurance Championship, FIA World Rally Championship, Virgin Australia Supercars, Formula Drift, and NHRA Funny Car and sportsman drag racing. In addition, the organization also oversees the development of Ford’s racing engines, as well as the outreach programs with all Ford Clubs and Ford enthusiasts. For more information regarding Ford racing’s activities, please visit www.fordperformance.com, www.facebook.com/FordPerformance, Ford Performance on Instagram and @FordPerformance on Twitter.
This weekend marks the first appearance of the year at Kansas for the Xfinity Series and the beginning of the Round of 8. What is your outlook heading into the weekend?
“We’ve been running pretty well recently and have really shown a lot of speed, so hopefully we are fast right out of the box when we get to Kansas. We have had two straight poles (Charlotte and Dover) and probably should have had two wins in those races. It’s all about sealing the deal now and capitalizing on the speed that we have shown these last few weeks. I feel like Kansas and Texas are my two best tracks in this round and we’ll look to have a couple great runs, ideally a win, and get ourselves in solid position for the championship round.”