Race Name: US Cellular 250 (Race 19 of 33)
Venue: Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa
Television: 5:00 p.m. EDT on NBCSN
– Cole Custer: 3rd; trails points leader by 76 points
– Chase Briscoe: 7th; trails points leader by 244 points
- Chase Briscoe has two Xfinity Series starts at Iowa Speedway with a best finish of 7th and one Gander Outdoors Truck Series start with a finish of second. He won the ARCA race at Iowa in 2016.
- The Mitchell, Indiana native currently has seven top-fives, 13 top-10’s and owns an average finish of 9.3 during the 2019 season.
- Briscoe’s career average finish across all series at Iowa is 6.3.
- Click here for Briscoe’s career stats.
- Click here for Briscoe’s stats at Iowa Speedway.
- Click here for photos of Chase.
Ford’s racing program is part of the Ford Performance organization based in Dearborn, Mich. It is responsible for major racing operations globally, including NASCAR, IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, FIA World Endurance Championship, FIA World Rally Championship, Virgin Australia Supercars, Formula Drift, and NHRA Funny Car and sportsman drag racing. In addition, the organization also oversees the development of Ford’s racing engines, as well as the outreach programs with all Ford Clubs and Ford enthusiasts. For more information regarding Ford racing’s activities, please visit www.fordperformance.com, www.facebook/FordPerformance, Ford Performance on Instagram and @FordPerformance on Twitter.
Iowa Speedway is one of your favorite tracks on the Xfinity Series schedule. You didn’t come away with the finish you wanted in June. What will it take to get you up front this time around?
“We are going to a lot of the tracks on the schedule for the first time together as a team and just really trying to build a notebook and learn each other. Thankfully, this is the second time we are going to Iowa this year, so we already have a race under our belt there and have something to build off of. I think we learned a good bit back in June that should help us this weekend and get us back into the top-5 and contending for a win.”