Race Name: CircuitCity.com 250 Presented by Tamron (Race 14 of 33)
Venue: Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Results: Cole Custer: 2nd | Chase Briscoe: 7th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 563 points; trails points leader by 86 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 470 points; trails points leader by 179 points
Chase Briscoe / Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe started ninth and raced in 11th for most of Stage 1. He would finish the stage in 12th position after pitting on lap 48..
– The Nutri Chomps ford started Stage 2 in 12th and advanced one position to finish 11th.
– The team would pit for four tires, fuel, air pressure, and track bar adjustments before restarting the final stage in ninth.
– Briscoe advanced to eighth before a caution on lap 178. He would pit once again for tires and fuel and restart sixth.
– After the restart, he would ride in seventh before another caution on lap 216 bunched the field back up and allowed Chase to advance to sixth.
– The final caution flew with 16 laps to go. Briscoe would restart sixth and ultimately finish the race in the seventh position.
Next Up: Camping World 300 at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Illinois on June 29th at 3:30 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang:
“Today wasn’t the day we wanted at all. Iowa is usually one of my best tracks and we struggled all day long. We just never really found the right balance all race, but fortunately we were still able to come away with a top-10 finish. I have to keep better and we have to keep getting better. We’ll get back to work and see what we can do at Chicago in two weeks.”