Race Name: NASCAR Racing Experience 300 (Race 1 of 33)
Venue: Daytona International Speedway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Date: February 16, 2019
Results: Chase Briscoe: 12th | Cole Custer: 14th
– Chase Briscoe: 14th; trails points leader by 24 points
– Cole Custer: 15th; trails points leader by 28 points
Chase Briscoe / Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe qualified 10th and finished Stage 1 in 15th.
– Stages 1 and 2 ran caution-free.
– The Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang finished 12th in Stage 2.
– Briscoe and the No. 98 team started eighth in the final stage after a two-tire stop at the conclusion of Stage 2.
– The No. 98 Ford raced up to the fifth position a caution on lap 80, but dropped out of the top 10 after being shuffled back on the restart.
– The driver of the No. 98 Nutri Chomps Ford tried several times to make a move toward the end of the race, ultimately ending the race in 12th by the checkered flag.
Race Winner: Michael Annett of JR Motorsports (Chevrolet)
Next Up: Rinnai 250 at 2 p.m. Saturday, February 23 from Atlanta (Ga.) televised by Fox Sports 1.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang:
“It’s always good to start the year off without tearing stuff up. Normally we leave Daytona with a lot of tore up stuff, but finishing with a clean Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang and a top-12 finish just builds momentum and makes it easier on the guys so they don’t have to rebuild a whole bunch of stuff for Talladega. I thought that we had a better car than 12th, but it was just so easy to get shuffled around. Overall it’s good to put it back in the truck clean, but now it’s on to Atlanta where it’ll be more of how we’ll race all year long and we’ll see what we can do.”