Race Name: Firecracker 250 (Race 16 of 33)
Venue: Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Ross Chastain of Kaulig Racing (Chevrolet)
Results: Cole Custer: 27th | Chase Briscoe: 36th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 637 points; trails points leader by 81 points
– Chase Briscoe: 10th with 498 points; trails points leader by 220 points
Chase Briscoe / Ford Performance Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe qualified 10th and made it up as high as fifth on the opening lap. Yellow flag flew on lap nine and the No. 98 was shuffled back to 12th.
– A caution with seven laps remaining in stage one allowed the team to pit for tires, fuel and track bar adjustments and stay out at the conclusion of the stage. He finished the stage in 12th.
– Briscoe started stage two in second and ran up front for a few laps before being shuffled back to 15th. He was caught up in a wreck on lap 46 and was unable to return to the race.
– The No. 98 Ford was credited with a 36th place finish.
Next Up: Alsco 300 at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky on July 12th at 7:30 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Ford Performance Ford Mustang:
“I felt like we had a really good car tonight – I was able to drive from the back to the front numerous times and just kept getting shuffled back. It’s unfortunate that our night got ended early, because I think we had a really good chance at bringing home a win. Wrecks like this are just part of superspeedway racing, so we’ll regroup and get back after it next week at Kentucky.”