Race Name: Firecracker 250 (Race 16 of 33)
Venue: Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Fla.
Television: 7:30 p.m. EDT on NBCSN
– Cole Custer: 2nd; trails points leader by 71 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th; trails points leader by 198 points
- Briscoe’s only previous Xfinity Series start at Daytona came in February of this year, where he finished 12th.
- During the 2019 season, Briscoe has six top-five finishes in the last eight races with an average finish of 8.1.
- This will mark Richard Boswell’s third start atop the pit box at Daytona. As the famous saying goes, will the third time be the charm?
- Click here for Briscoe’s career stats.
- Click here for Briscoe’s stats at Daytona.
- Click here for photos of Chase.
Ford’s racing program is part of the Ford Performance organization based in Dearborn, Mich. It is responsible for major racing operations globally, including NASCAR, IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, FIA World Endurance Championship, FIA World Rally Championship, Virgin Australia Supercars, Formula Drift, and NHRA Funny Car and sportsman drag racing. In addition, the organization also oversees the development of Ford’s racing engines, as well as the outreach programs with all Ford Clubs and Ford enthusiasts. For more information regarding Ford racing’s activities, please visit www.fordperformance.com, Ford Performance on Facebook, Ford Performance on Instagram and @FordPerformance on Twitter.
You are returning to Daytona for the second time this year and the second time of your career in the Xfinity Series. What are your expectations?
“Honestly, I thought I was one of the few guys in February that tried to do something with every run I had and really make moves throughout the race. I hope more drivers are willing to hop out of line and work together this time around. We keep improving as the season goes on and I think we will have a good enough car to get my best Xfinity finish at Daytona and, hopefully, a win as long as we get some luck and momentum to go our way.”