Race Name: Sport Clips Haircuts VFW 200 (Race 24 of 33)
Venue: Darlington Raceway in Darlington, South Carolina
Television: 4:00 p.m. EDT on NBC
– Cole Custer: 3rd; trails points leader by 135 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th; trails points leader by 222 points
– Cole and Chase will be signing autographs on Saturday from 11:00am to 11:30am at the Ford Performance display in the fan zone.
- To add to his list of tracks he is visiting for the first time in 2019, Briscoe’s first ever laps at Darlington Raceway will be during practice on Friday.
- Through 23 races in 2019, Briscoe has one win, nine top-fives, 18 top-10’s and an average finish of 8.3.
- The No. 98 Ford Performance Mustang will carry the colors of Parnelli Jones’s 1963 Indy 500 winning car as part of Darlington’s annual Throwback Weekend.
- You can see the official unveil video of Chase’s No. 98 throwback scheme here.
- Click here for Briscoe’s career stats.
- Click here for photos of Chase.
Ford’s racing program is part of the Ford Performance organization based in Dearborn, Mich. It is responsible for major racing operations globally, including NASCAR, IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, FIA World Endurance Championship, FIA World Rally Championship, Virgin Australia Supercars, Formula Drift, and NHRA Funny Car and sportsman drag racing. In addition, the organization also oversees the development of Ford’s racing engines, as well as the outreach programs with all Ford Clubs and Ford enthusiasts. For more information regarding Ford racing’s activities, please visit www.fordperformance.com, www.facebook.com/FordPerformance, Ford Performance on Instagram and @FordPerformance on Twitter.
This will be your first race at Darlington and your first time taking part in the throwback weekend festivities. How excited are you to tackle the track that’s ‘Too Tough to Tame’ and honor Parnelli Jones on the 98?
“I am super excited to get to Darlington this weekend and hit the track with our throwback scheme. It’s a scheme that means a lot to me coming from the open-wheel ranks and it’s an honor to be able to pay tribute to Parnelli. With it being my first time running Darlington, I really hope I can give this car the run it deserves. If we can manage to avoid the infamous ‘Darlington Stripe’ and keep our nose clean, I think we can have a really good run.”