Race Name: Camping World 300 (Race 15 of 33)
Venue: Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Illinois
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Cole Custer of Stewart-Haas Racing (Ford)
Results: Cole Custer: 1st | Chase Briscoe: 16th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 621 points; trails points leader by 70 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 493 points; trails points leader by 198 points
Chase Briscoe / Ford Performance Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe qualified 11th, but was forced to start at the rear of the field for an unapproved adjustment.
– The Ford Performance Mustang made it into the top-10 with 12 laps remaining in Stage 1 and finished ninth to earn two stage points.
– The team would pit for four tires, fuel and track bar adjustments before restarting the second stage in eighth.
– A caution with 12 laps remaining in the stage allowed the team to pit from the seventh position and restart 12th.
– Briscoe spun out running 10th coming to the checkered flag in Stage 2. He was credited with 25th and lost one lap.
– He restarted the final stage in 25th and was running in 12th still one lap down during pit stop cycles when caution flew with 28 laps remaining.
– Briscoe pitted for tires and fuel and restarted in 16th. He would finish ultimately finish the race in 16th as the first car one lap down.
Next Up: Circle K Firecracker 250 Powered by Coca-Cola at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona, Florida on July 5th at 7:30 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Ford Performance Ford Mustang:
“Man, I’m just frustrated because after yesterday I felt this was the best car we have had heading into the race. We were able to get towards the front pretty quickly after starting at the rear. I pushed it too hard at the end of stage two fighting for a stage point and it cost us. We just couldn’t catch a break and get a caution when we needed it there at the end. Our Ford Performance Mustang was much better than a 16th place car.”