Race Name: Drive for the Cure 250 presented by Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina (Race 28 of 33)
Venue: The Roval at Charlotte Motor Speedway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Stages: 20 laps / 20 laps / 27 laps (67 Total Laps)
Race Winner: AJ Allmendinger of Kaulig Racing (Chevrolet)
Results: Cole Custer: 8th | Chase Briscoe: 9th
– Cole Custer: 2nd with 2,133 points; Clinched a position to the Round of 8
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 2,097 points; with a 35 point advantage over the final transfer position to the Round of 8
Chase Briscoe / Ford Performance Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe earned his first career Xfinity Series pole and led all 20 laps to win the first stage. The stage win earned him 10 stage points and a playoff point.
– The No. 98 Ford Performance team started eighth in Stage 2 and finished second to earn nine more stage points.
– Briscoe brought the No. 98 Ford to pit road for four tires and fuel to prepare for the final stage.
– The No. 98 Ford started the final stage in seventh position. A caution on the restart bumped Briscoe up to the fourth position.
– Briscoe quickly moved into third position and was battling for second with nine to go when he got spun out.
– Caution flag waved once again on lap 61 with the No. 98 back up to 10th. He would gain one additional position over the last three laps to finish ninth.
Next Up: Use Your Melon Drive Sober 200 at Dover International Speedway on October 5th at 3:00 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Ford Performance Ford Mustang:
“I felt like we had the car to beat all day long. We were able to consistently come back through the field. We had to go for points obviously because of our situation, but we were always able to battle back. There at the end I felt like I could have ran down AJ and I was doing everything I could to win the race and knew the pass on Bell was crucial. I don’t really know what happened there, but I feel like I gave him plenty of room. It’s disappointing to end the day in ninth with a first-place worthy car, but I appreciate my guys giving me a great car all weekend long.”