Date: May 25, 2019
Race Name: Alsco 300 (Race 11 of 33)
Venue: Charlotte (NC.) Motor Speedway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Tyler Reddick of Richard Childress Racing (Chevrolet)
Results: Chase Briscoe: 19th | Cole Custer: 24th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 417 points; trails points leader by 103 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 369 points; trails points leader by 151 points
Chase Briscoe / Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe started eleventh and finished fourth in Stage 1 to earn seven stage points.
– The Nutri Chomps Ford started Stage 2 in fifth and finished second, earning Briscoe an additional nine stage points.
– The No. 98 Ford started first in the final stage after winning the race off pit road. He was shuffled back to fifth on the restart, but was able to advance back up to third.
– A caution on lap 142 allowed the team to pit for tires and fuel. He restarted third and advanced to second before another yellow with 43 laps to go.
– The No. 98 team elected to stay out for the ensuing restart and would drop to third. The caution flew once more with 30 to go and Briscoe pitted for tires and fuel.
– Briscoe restarted 12th and was racing his way towards the front when contact with another car caused him to hit the wall and flatten both right side tires. He would come down pit road for repairs and resume the race in the 19th position where he would ultimately finish.
Next Up: Pocono Green 250 at Pocono Raceway in Pocono, Pennsylvania, on June 1 at 1:00 p.m. EDT broadcast by Fox Sports 1.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang:
“We had a really good day going today until we got run into the wall in the final stage. I’m really proud of everybody on this Nutri Chomps Ford team – I feel like this was the best car we have had all year long. Unfortunately, we don’t have the results to show for it, but we are showing that we can contend to win races week in and week out.”