Date: April 6, 2019
Race Name: Alsco 300 (Race 7 of 33)
Venue: Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, Tennessee
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Results: Cole Custer: 3rd | Chase Briscoe: 4th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 275 points; trails points leader by 46 points
– Chase Briscoe: 8th with 220 points; trails points leader by 101 points
Chase Briscoe / Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe started third and finished sixth in Stage 1, earning him five stage points.
– The Nutri Chomps Ford started Stage 2 in fourth and finished seventh, earning Briscoe an additional four stage points.
– The No. 98 Ford started sixth in the final stage and ran as high as fifth with 50 laps to go.
– A caution with 40 laps remaining brought the No. 98 Ford to pit road for four tires and fuel.
– Briscoe restarted fifth and raced up to fourth position with 20 laps remaining, where Briscoe would end up finishing.
– Briscoe scored his third consecutive top-five finish and fifth consecutive top-10 of the 2019 season.
Next Up: ToyotaCare 250 at Richmond Raceway in Richmond, Virginia, on April 12th at 7 p.m. EDT broadcast by Fox Sports 1.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Nutri Chomps Ford Mustang:
“This is how we should have been running all year long, it’s just taken a little bit of time for me to learn the cars and the team to figure out what I like. Overall, this was by far our best weekend start to finish and we showed that we can be a top-four contender. At the end I felt like I had the best car it was just so hard to pass. We didn’t get the $100,000 this week, but we will give it another shot next week.”