Event: Overton’s 400(Round 17 of 36)
Series: Monster EnergyNASCAR Cup Series
Location: Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Illinois(1.5-mile oval)
Format: 267 laps, broken into three stages (80 laps/80 laps/107 laps)
Start/Finish: 4th/ 17th(Running, completed 266 of 267 laps)
Point Standing: 7th(560points, 176out of first)
Race Winner: Kyle Busch of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Stage 1 Winner:Aric Almirola of Stewart-Haas Racing (Ford)
Stage 2 Winner:Kevin Harvick of Stewart-Haas Racing (Ford)
Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-80):
- Kurt Buschstarted fourth and finished fourth, which earned him seven bonus points.
- Busch was up to second by lap 25. He said the No. 41 Haas Automation Ford Fusion was handling a bit tight.
- On lap 37, Busch brought the No. 41 Haas Automation Ford Fusion to pit road for four tires, fuel and a tire pressure adjustment.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 81-160):
- Started sixth and finished second, which earned him nine bonus points.
- On lap 83,Busch pitted for four tires, fuel and a tire pressure adjustment. He said the car now was a bit loose.
- On lap 121, while in fourth, Busch pitted for four tires and fuel.
- Busch pitted under caution while in fourth for four tires, fuel and a wedge adjustment.
Final Stage Recap (Laps 161-267):
- Started second and finished 17th.
- Busch pitted on lap 178 for four tires, fuel and a wedge adjustment. He said the car needed to be loosened up.
- On lap 208 Busch pitted for four tires, fuel and a wedge adjustment. He said the car was plowing tight.
- Busch ended up in 17th place.
- Kurt Busch finished fourth in Stage 1 to earn seven bonus points and second in Stage 2 to earn an additional nine bonus points.
- Kurt Busch led twice for 20 laps to increase his laps-led total at Chicagoland to 124.
- Kyle Busch won the Overton’s 400 to score his 48thcareer Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series victory, his fifth of the season and his second at Chicagoland. His margin of victory over second-place Kyle Larson was 1.875 seconds.
- There were five caution periods for a total of 23 laps.
- Only 15 of the 39 drivers in the Overton’s 400 finished on the lead lap.
The next event on the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series schedule is the Coke Zero Sugar 400 on Saturday, July 7 at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway. The race starts at 7:30 p.m. EDT with live coverage provided by NBC beginning at 7 p.m.