Date: Aug. 5, 2018
Event: Go Bowling at The Glen (Round 22 of 36)
Series: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International (2.45-mile road course)
Format: 90 laps, broken into three stages (20 laps/20 laps/50 laps)
Start/Finish: 15th/10th (Running, completed 90 of 90 laps)
Point Standing: 2nd (864 points, 70 out of first)
Race Winner: Chase Elliott of Hendrick Motorsports (Chevrolet)
Stage 1 Winner: Martin Truex Jr. of Furniture Row Racing (Toyota)
Stage 2 Winner: Chase Elliott of Hendrick Motorsports (Chevrolet)
Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-20):
● Kevin Harvick started 15th, finished 25th.
● After a caution on lap three, Harvick advanced to the 12th position.
● On lap 17, Harvick pitted the Busch Beer Ford Fusion under green-flag conditions for four tires and fuel.
● At the end of the stage, Harvick stayed out of the pits and advanced the Busch Beer Ford to the top-10.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 21-40):
● Started seventh, finished seventh, earning four bonus points.
● Harvick fell to the eighth position, where he piloted the Busch Beer Ford Fusion for the majority of Stage 2.
● He battled back into the seventh position and did not pit at the conclusion of the stage.
Final Stage Recap (Laps 41-90):
● Started seventh and finished 10th.
● During the opening laps of the final stage, Harvick was stuck in traffic and fell back to the 10th position.
● On lap 52, crew chief Rodney Childers radioed the Busch Beer Ford to the pits. Just as Harvick came within a car length from pit road, a caution was called, forcing him back on track.
● Harvick pitted under the caution period for four tires, fuel and adjustments to correct loose-handling conditions. He restarted in 10th place.
● Harvick battled to keep the Busch Beer Ford in and around the top-10 for the remainder of the race, finishing in 10th.
● This was Harvick’s 18th top-10 finish of 2018 and his ninth top-10 in 18 career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series starts at Watkins Glen.
● Harvick finished seventh in Stage 2 to earn an additional four bonus points.
● Chase Elliott won the Go Bowling at The Glen to score his first career Cup Series victory. His margin of victory over second-place Martin Truex Jr. was 7.560 seconds.
● There were four caution periods for a total of 11 laps.
● Twenty-four of the 37 drivers in the GoBowling at The Glen finished on the lead lap.