Event: Folds of Honor 500 (Round 2 of 36)
Series: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Atlanta Motor Speedway (1.54-mile oval)
Format: 325 laps, broken into three stages (85 laps/85 laps/155 laps)
Start/Finish: 25th/11th (Running, completed 325 of 325 laps)
Point Standing: 14th (46 points, 44 out of first)
Race Winner: Brad Keselowski of Team Penske (Ford)
Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-85):
- Started 24th, finished 15th.
- Drove from 25th to 12th in the first 32 laps.
- Bowyer said car was a little loose on first run and tight on second.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 86-170):
- Started 13th, finished ninth to earn three race points.
- Reported car was too loose with no rear grip, pitted on lap 126.
- Passed three cars in the final 10 laps to finish ninth.
Final Stage Recap (Laps 171-325):
- Started ninth.
- Climbed to third with 85 to go, but Bowyer was shuffled to seventh on a race restart with 55 laps to go.
- Suffered fender damage on the next restart that resulted in a cut tire and crash with 45 laps to go.
- Crew repaired damage enabling Bowyer to drive from 15th to 11th.
- Stewart-Haas Racing is 1-2 in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series championship standings. Harvick leads by four points over Busch.
- Harvick won both Stage 1 and Stage 2.
Clint Bowyer, driver of the No. 14 Haas Automation Ford Fusion for Stewart-Haas Racing:
“Really fast Haas Automation Ford today, but we got hit and put in the wall on a restart, then we had a cut tire and got the wall pretty good. Really disappointing because I think we had something for them today. We made a good comeback to finish 11th. I’m disappointed, because we were getting better and better throughout the race.”
The next event on the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series schedule is the Kobalt 400 on Sunday, March 12 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The race starts at 3:30 p.m. EDT with live coverage provided by FOX.