FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Pit Crew

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:35 am

Pit Crew

For those of you who hang on DW's every word, here are his thoughts on Kevin's pit crew:

Oh, just one last thing. If I was driving that No. 4 car, I would be raising so much cain they'd probably have to shove me in a closet, and even that wouldn't shut me up. You know what you have in Kevin Harvick. You know what you have in his crew chief, Rodney Childers. You know what you have in your owners -- Tony Stewart and Gene Haas -- plus the resources they have.

Why they don't have the best pit crew in racing is beyond me. If I was Gene Haas, somebody would be missing a tire changer, a gas man and a jackman -- whatever it took to get this pit-crew issue behind them. You talk about a team having its own pit-crew challenge, well, the No. 4 car is carrying the flag there. Bottom line, it's time to stop complaining about it week after week and go fix it. I'd go down pit road and go get me the best person in each position.

When you have the kind of sponsors they have, the kind of driver and crew chief they have and the kind of resources at their fingertips, it's once again what I call the blind obvious. Why don't they have the best pit crew to match everything else? Simply quit talking about it. Simply quit complaining about it. Simply go out and fix it.

:arrow: http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/o ... ascaronfox
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

bowtie_4

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:27 pm

Re: Pit Crew

Can you see why Kevin is so frustrated?
Attachments
IMG_6731093954050.jpeg
IMG_6731093954050.jpeg (133.39 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:34 pm

i think a novice fan can tell kevin needs a new crew, dw just blows hot air
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:37 pm

bowtie_4 wrote:Can you see why Kevin is so frustrated?

from this picture? not really
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:48 pm

Funny with Kurt or Harvick how the stooges point out anytime they lose a spot & call them horrible. (I am sure they aren't the best) but they are better than a lot of crews out there.
But with crews that are horrible every pit stop the stooges ignore.
ImageImageImage
<<

bowtie_4

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:24 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
bowtie_4 wrote:Can you see why Kevin is so frustrated?

from this picture? not really

Look at rear tire, the changer is still on the other side of the car and where are is the gas man?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:26 pm

sorry i dont see the tire changer on the other side, but im blind without my glasses, looks to me as the gasman is getting another tank of fuel
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:29 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Funny with Kurt or Harvick how the stooges point out anytime they lose a spot & call them horrible. (I am sure they aren't the best) but they are better than a lot of crews out there.

Noticed that myself Schmoopy, the whole #4 team is new and mistakes are gonna be made, so I don't think it's time to throw them under the bus just yet. When they compare everything to the #48 team I kinda get aggravated as that team has its' ups and downs over the years too, just like any other team. HMS has been around a very long time and JJ has had the same c/c most all his Cup career-they fail to mention that.
When I think of how Ryan's team use to run here, I think the #4 team is a big improvement. ;)
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

bowtie_4

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:33 pm

michaeljohn wrote:sorry i dont see the tire changer on the other side, but im blind without my glasses, looks to me as the gasman is getting another tank of fuel

Follow the air hose....tht yellow line behind the car..any blind person can see tht, lol, .
Jackman is late because the rear tire changer is late. That may b the rear tire changer at the rear of car, running.
:-P
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:34 pm

wolfgang wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:Funny with Kurt or Harvick how the stooges point out anytime they lose a spot & call them horrible. (I am sure they aren't the best) but they are better than a lot of crews out there.

Noticed that myself Schmoopy, the whole #4 team is new and mistakes are gonna be made, so I don't think it's time to throw them under the bus just yet. When they compare everything to the #48 team I kinda get aggravated as that team has its' ups and downs over the years too, just like any other team. HMS has been around a very long time and JJ has had the same c/c most all his Cup career-they fail to mention that.
When I think of how Ryan's team use to run here, I think the #4 team is a big improvement. ;)

get your facts straight, JJ and chad have been paired up since day 1 as far as the pit crew goes, there is no reason they cant shake things up, what if this is still a big thing in the chase? they have time to revamp things, and unless your name is tony stewart, next to nothing will get done about your pit crew. he has always had changes to his crew or CC while ryan was stuck with the same junk and mistakes continued.
<<

bowtie_4

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:41 pm

wolfgang wrote:

Noticed that myself Schmoopy, the whole #4 team is new and mistakes are gonna be made, so I don't think it's time
to throw them under the bus just yet. When they compare everything to the #48 team I kinda get aggravated as that
team has its' ups and downs over the years too, just like
any other team. HMS has been around a very long time and JJ has had the same c/c most all his Cup career-they fail to mention that.

A big improvement over Ryan's crew maybe, IDK, I never followed Ryan. But to say they will eventually 'get it down', I'm afraid is quite delusional...lol.
They have caused Kevin to lose 3 races for sure this yr.
Something needs to be done, Kevin is not happy!
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:56 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
wolfgang wrote:

get your facts straight, JJ and chad have been paired up since day 1 as far as the pit crew goes, there is no reason they cant shake things up, what if this is still a big thing in the chase? they have time to revamp things, and unless your name is tony stewart, next to nothing will get done about your pit crew. he has always had changes to his crew or CC while ryan was stuck with the same junk and mistakes continued.

Don't forget, Chad was suspended a few races during his glorious career! :lol: Like I said, "most" his career! :mrgreen:
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:58 pm

bowtie_4 wrote:
wolfgang wrote:

Noticed that myself Schmoopy, the whole #4 team is new and mistakes are gonna be made, so I don't think it's time
to throw them under the bus just yet. When they compare everything to the #48 team I kinda get aggravated as that
team has its' ups and downs over the years too, just like
any other team. HMS has been around a very long time and JJ has had the same c/c most all his Cup career-they fail to mention that.

A big improvement over Ryan's crew maybe, IDK, I never followed Ryan. But to say they will eventually 'get it down', I'm afraid is quite delusional...lol.
They have caused Kevin to lose 3 races for sure this yr.
Something needs to be done, Kevin is not happy!

Don't get me wrong, but Kevin wouldn't be happy if he had the golden horseshoe! :lol:
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:08 pm

michaeljohn wrote:sorry i dont see the tire changer on the other side, but im blind without my glasses, looks to me as the gasman is getting another tank of fuel

I could be wrong but I thought there's supposed to be someone on the other side of the wall holding the 2nd can and then he takes the empty...

It wouldn't break my heart if they started replacing them one at a time to see if they can get some consistency started. He won't get far in the chase with that crew...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:38 am

The fact is Harvick doesn't have the fastest crew, however the other fact is Harvick does have a better crew than most. My thing isn't that Harvick or his fans being mad when they screw up on the money stop. That is natural, but how the stooges make a huge deal out of it, when they ignore so many other teams that are (way) worse. Ryans current team is consistently in the 14's. I would kill for Harvicks crew right now.

Personally I would love one of the JGR crews if I got to choose (any of them) or love to steal their pit crew coach at least, but one thing to remember, there is 42 teams that aren't the best crew. Making changes could make Harvicks team worse when you have a good crew trying to make it the best. So be careful for what you wish for.
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to Kevin Harvick