FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Welcome TNT......

<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:45 pm

Welcome TNT......

I like their new summer advertising ( especially the guy on the left) and Wally DALLENBACH will be back...that is a good thing! :)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:30 pm

Re: Welcome TNT......

fox or espn can not touch TNT with on air personalities.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

jsw14

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:22 pm

:D :D :D The WORST is Over & the BEST is yet too come :D :D :D
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

bowtie_4

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:39 pm

I hope they have a "crank it up"! :-D
<<

dirt93

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:55 pm

AWESOME!!!! I hope they have the AC/DC song again. :D
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

Tina DeBose

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:08 pm

I dont care what anyone says TNT knows the best of the best and those three are the power house of nascar!!!! But Smoke will always be #1 in my book!!!
Thanks Annalee for the post that's a awesome pic.
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:16 pm

Wide World of Sports broadcasting Nascar with Ken Squire and Jackie Stewart again? :mrgreen:
So now we go from Boogity Boog Boog to Wally's World-oh I can hardly wait!
Please Ned Jarrett, Buddy Baker, anybody!
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

Searchers

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:48 am

The Classic Booth: Bob Jenkens, Ned Jarrett and Benny Parsons
<<

jdpirate

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:30 am

Yay!
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Searchers wrote:The Classic Booth: Bob Jenkens, Ned Jarrett and Benny Parsons

The above were certainly the Classic Booth. They talked what was going on at the time and didn't spend most of the race griping about certain drivers or their own record which every one knew anyway. They gave credit where it was due but didn't put their opinion in where it wasn't necessary. I don't think NASCAR knows or cares what the fans don't like about most of the reporting. Some of it is like fingernails scratching a black board. We'll never see the good ole days unless they bring in another Classic Booth like Bob, Ned, and Benny. My favorite above all that broadcast now is Allen Bestwick. He was on the broadcast of Indy in Belle Isle located near Detroit last weekend.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Searchers

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:16 pm

ndunn wrote:

The above were certainly the Classic Booth. They talked what was going on at the time and didn't spend most of the race griping about certain drivers or their own record which every one knew anyway. They gave credit where it was due but didn't put their opinion in where it wasn't necessary. I don't think NASCAR knows or cares what the fans don't like about most of the reporting. Some of it is like fingernails scratching a black board. We'll never see the good ole days unless they bring in another Classic Booth like Bob, Ned, and Benny. My favorite above all that broadcast now is Allen Bestwick. He was on the broadcast of Indy in Belle Isle located near Detroit last weekend.

I read someplace where Bestwick will no longer be doing the Nascar stuff and will concentrate on open wheel instead. Will see if I can locate the article.
<<

Searchers

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:00 pm

ndunn wrote:

Here is the article from Feb 2014 about Allen Bestwick. Found it on another board I go to. NP stealing it I put 14Smokem's jokes on their board. Easy going bunch.

Allen Bestwick has agreed to a new multi-year deal with ESPN and will become lap-by-lap announcer for ABC's telecasts of the IndyCar Series, including the Indianapolis 500, in 2014. The veteran broadcaster also will branch into other sports beginning in 2015.

Bestwick, who has been part of ESPN's NASCAR coverage since 2007, will continue as the anchor for the network's NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series telecasts in 2014, the final year of ESPN's contract to televise live NASCAR racing. In 2015, in addition to IndyCar Series racing, Bestwick also will call play-by-play on college football telecasts for ESPN, a variety of collegiate sports on the upcoming SEC Network, and on ESPN interactive television productions of golf and tennis. "Allen Bestwick has been a valuable contributor to our NASCAR coverage the past seven years and we're delighted that he will be bringing his versatility and talents to our IndyCar telecasts as well as other sports for years to come," said John Wildhack, ESPN executive vice president, programming and production.

Though closely associated with motorsports for most of his 27 years in broadcasting, Bestwick also has called football, track and field and hockey, among other sports, during his career. He worked a college football game for ESPN in November.

ESPN's NASCAR coverage for 2013 begins with the NASCAR Nationwide Series season opener at Daytona International Speedway on Feb. 22, with telecasts of the final 17 NASCAR Sprint Cup races beginning July 27 at Indianapolis.

On May 25, ABC will televise the Indianapolis 500 for the 50th consecutive year. The network also will televise four other IndyCar Series races as well as Indianapolis 500 qualifications. Coverage begins with the March 30 season opener in St. Petersburg, Fla.

.(ESPN)(2-19-2014)

Read more: http://nascar-lifeboat.proboards.com/th ... z33i5biWfS
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:37 pm

Searchers wrote:
ndunn wrote:

Here is the article from Feb 2014 about Allen Bestwick. Found it on another board I go to. NP stealing it I put 14Smokem's jokes on their board. Easy going bunch.

Allen Bestwick has agreed to a new multi-year deal with ESPN and will become lap-by-lap announcer for ABC's telecasts of the IndyCar Series, including the Indianapolis 500, in 2014. The veteran broadcaster also will branch into other sports beginning in 2015.

Bestwick, who has been part of ESPN's NASCAR coverage since 2007, will continue as the anchor for the network's NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series telecasts in 2014, the final year of ESPN's contract to televise live NASCAR racing. In 2015, in addition to IndyCar Series racing, Bestwick also will call play-by-play on college football telecasts for ESPN, a variety of collegiate sports on the upcoming SEC Network, and on ESPN interactive television productions of golf and tennis. "Allen Bestwick has been a valuable contributor to our NASCAR coverage the past seven years and we're delighted that he will be bringing his versatility and talents to our IndyCar telecasts as well as other sports for years to come," said John Wildhack, ESPN executive vice president, programming and production.

Though closely associated with motorsports for most of his 27 years in broadcasting, Bestwick also has called football, track and field and hockey, among other sports, during his career. He worked a college football game for ESPN in November.

ESPN's NASCAR coverage for 2013 begins with the NASCAR Nationwide Series season opener at Daytona International Speedway on Feb. 22, with telecasts of the final 17 NASCAR Sprint Cup races beginning July 27 at Indianapolis.

On May 25, ABC will televise the Indianapolis 500 for the 50th consecutive year. The network also will televise four other IndyCar Series races as well as Indianapolis 500 qualifications. Coverage begins with the March 30 season opener in St. Petersburg, Fla.

.(ESPN)(2-19-2014)

Read more: http://nascar-lifeboat.proboards.com/th ... z33i5biWfS

Thanks for the info regarding Allen Bestwick. I like his reporting so I'll have to find some of the things he will be working.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

<<

Annalee

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:35 pm

He's back......I am happy!!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:45 pm

Annalee wrote:He's back......I am happy!!

Wally is a great guy. Good looking man isn't he?

Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing