FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dear Chad Johnston

<<

Smoke_14

Post Sun May 04, 2014 4:53 pm

Re: Dear Chad Johnston

Really? Because of Dega you can't see this team making the Chase? If once Pocono comes and I don't see improvement then I would start to get worried. Until then I wouldn't panic. Seen this story before.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun May 04, 2014 5:09 pm

Dear Chad Johnston,

It is what it is...Talladega. I hope you can put together a couple of great runs coming up.

Not giving up on your ability to get our guy to Victory Lane. Wouldn't it be nice? Let's go to Kansas Saturday night and make it a night to remember.

Doc
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

racer1

Post Sun May 04, 2014 5:33 pm

Feel bad for Tony today first for his overheating problems then of course being taken out in a crash--just more bad luck. Oh well on to Kansas. 8-)
<<

Taskforce14

Post Sun May 04, 2014 6:49 pm

I don't think they aren't going to make the chase because of Dega. I'm looking at the entire season which has gone nowhere. You can hear Tony's frustration more. Today he said he was "tired of this ####." The wreck today didn't take him out, it just put him out of his misery. They still hadn't fixed the over heating issue and they had removed all of the tape from the grill. Tony and Chad sounded dejected today.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun May 04, 2014 7:15 pm

I know Tony got caught up in a wreck not of his own making, but forty-friggin-third!?! Are you kidding me. :x
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Sun May 04, 2014 7:16 pm

Taskforce14 wrote:I don't think they aren't going to make the chase because of Dega. I'm looking at the entire season which has gone nowhere. You can hear Tony's frustration more. Today he said he was "tired of this ####." The wreck today didn't take him out, it just put him out of his misery. They still hadn't fixed the over heating issue and they had removed all of the tape from the grill. Tony and Chad sounded dejected today.

The wreck today didn't take him out, it just put him out of his misery....... you are so right! It is a mess..........Things have got to change......Does anyone know why he had to start in the back when he qualified 12th...?!? and my main question is WHY is it only his car that has all the problems!?!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun May 04, 2014 9:26 pm

Starting from the back due to an unapproved change...no more was said.

I was almost relieved he got caught up in someone elses's mess. That car was going nowhere fast.

These boys ALL need to get it together.
<<

jdpirate

Post Sun May 04, 2014 9:32 pm

Had to work 11am to 6pm, so I didn't see any of the race :x From everything I've read, I guess, I really didn't miss much today at all :|
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

Smoke_14

Post Tue May 06, 2014 6:06 am

I don't quite understand the frustration on here after Dega. Car was not of the 14's making. Issues were all Hendrick related. Caught up in a wreck that had nothing to do with them. It's Dega. Bowyer had the same strategy as Smoke & he wound up not having bad luck and finished third. It is what it is. But to get dejected over it and state things need to change because of it doesn't add up to me.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue May 06, 2014 7:55 am

last i checked HMS doesnt hold the hands of SHR and builds the cars.
<<

Smoke_14

Post Tue May 06, 2014 8:13 am

Last time I checked Hendrick had cooling issues with all teams at Dega, not just SHR. Don't take it so personal. Their engines are strong but this has been an issue with Hendrick recently at plate tracks. Don't act like its a SHR only issue.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun May 11, 2014 12:00 am

Dear Chad Johnston,

Not a bad weekend when all was said and done.

The last thing he said to you tonight was quite possibly the most uplifting and enlightening of the season yet. You all learned alot this weekend.

I learned something this weekend as well. YOU are his pick and so now you are mine. I am now sure that things go up from here.

Signed,

Hopeful in Houston
<<

Smoke_14

Post Sun May 11, 2014 9:06 am

I think it's quite evident that Chad needs to make calls to keep giving the 14 track position. Soon as he went back to mid pack due to pit stops Tony never had the same car to get back up to the front. When within the top 10 Tony could hang up there and make his way up through the pack. It shows the speed is there. Just need track position.
<<

racer1

Post Sun May 11, 2014 9:48 am

Not sure what happened to Tony as he had a fast car running up front, then he was midpack & not sure what else happened but not too bad considering although he probably isn't too happy about it? :roll:
<<

Taskforce14

Post Sun May 11, 2014 11:32 am

Tony was pretty upset again there towards the end. He kind of chewed on Chad some about the adjustments that were made. They didn't keep up with the race track and the adjustments that were made didn't help. I wish I could remember what Tony said at one point there, I think it had something to do with taking the drivability out of the car with the adjustments. Once again Chad sounded defeated during the last 20 or so laps.

On the bright side, they did learn a lot this weekend according to what was said on the radio. They just need to figure out the right adjustments during the race.
PreviousNext

Return to Tony