FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mears and Ambrose get....

<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:29 pm

Mears and Ambrose get....

Daytona Beach, Fla. (April 29, 2014) -- NASCAR has penalized drivers Marcos Ambrose and Casey Mears for their involvement in a post-race altercation in the garage area following last Saturday night’s NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Richmond International Raceway.

Ambrose, driver of the No. 9 car, and Mears, driver of the No. 13 car, were found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing), and 12-4.9 (Behavioral Penalty; involved in an altercation in the garage area after the race) as outlined in the 2014 NASCAR rule book. As a result, Ambrose has been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until May 28, while Mears has been fined $15,000 and placed on NASCAR probation until May 28.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:32 pm

Re: Mears and Ambrose get....

Well so much for the boys have at it....... :lol:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:35 pm

boys have at it doesnt mean slugging each other, only goons do that, oh wait tony has in the past.... :D
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

kim92164

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:42 pm

As I was unable to watch the race I've got this question: What happened between them before it got to the pushing and punching? I've seen the video of Mears shoving Ambros and Ambros retaliating with the punch, but something had to lead up to that.
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:48 pm

So, I'm assuming it cost Ambrose 10K more to throw the punch? I was so confused by this as these are 2 of the last drivers that I could imagine getting physical. Guess, you never know what is going to happen in a NASCAR race and NASCAR loves that fact!
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

azk8ster

Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:21 am

I think it's BS that Marcos got hit (no pun intended?) for $10,000 more than Casey, seeing as Casey was the first one to lay a hand on the other. And it's beyond wrong that the crewman who suckerpunched Marcos got nothing.

I do admire how Casey isn't shying away from showing off his black eye, and was pretty complimentary of the punch he took!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:58 am

Mears said today that Ambrose was mad at someone else & was heading to deal with who he was mad at when he walked by Casey's car, Casey just happened to be walking around the car.

Guess Casey wasn't going looking for Ambrose, he was just delivered to him. (now that is freaky fast)

So I wonder who Ambrose was heading for? When Ambrose turned to walk away from Casey, he was still heading to whoever he was mad at, before Mears decided he needed more of Ambrose's attention LOL.

BTW I don't think anyone should have been penalized. I were to penalize anyone that night it would have been brad for causing damage to three other cars after the race. So if that is okay I think a couple right crosses should be allowed.

Also if a crew member gets fined like a driver, they might as well break his legs & leave him in a blizzard.
Don't think they penalized all of Bowyer & Gordon's crews for playing rugby & throwing punches.

Again now I want to know who Ambrose was heading to see before being intercepted.
ImageImageImage
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:11 am

Mears shoved Ambrose trying to be tough and Ambrose popped him like I have never seen. Thought I was watching a Rocky movie. Surprised Mears didn't go down. Never bring a knife to a gun fight. Now Ambrose is walking around taking peoples lunch money in the garage. #BADA$$.

A.B.E.
<<

TeamWFOwithNFB

Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:23 pm

Come on guys...

Have at it means show us your prowess as a race car driver, SO, leave it on the track...

If me wants to see a boxing match, I'll go to the bathroom (at the track) and watch the fight over the one toilet that got cleaned during the race !....

P. S.:
The fines should be in even amounts (if NASCAR is going to fine them) in that it takes two to tango and they can talk to other all they want to (off of the track), HOWEVER, when one driver even so much as touches the other driver during one of these heated discussions, then the other has the right to slug that primary aggressor every time !... PERIOD !...
_______________o^^^'^o^>

Today, we are driving on Mars...

Tomorrow, we may be racing there...

So, either lead, follow or get the f@ck out of my way...
<<

racer1

Post Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:56 pm

Never cared for Ambrose but don't know much about Mears either but the fact they both got fined says Nascar didn't like it, but the short suspension time is a joke so what message is Nascar really sending? :roll:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu May 01, 2014 3:39 am

TeamWFOwithNFB wrote:Come on guys...

Have at it means show us your prowess as a race car driver, SO, leave it on the track...

If me wants to see a boxing match, I'll go to the bathroom (at the track) and watch the fight over the one toilet that got cleaned during the race !....

P. S.:
The fines should be in even amounts (if NASCAR is going to fine them) in that it takes two to tango and they can talk to other all they want to (off of the track), HOWEVER, when one driver even so much as touches the other driver during one of these heated discussions, then the other has the right to slug that primary aggressor every time !... PERIOD !...

Leave it on the track?
Yeah lets just throw away 100's of thousands of dollars out the window (some of which sometimes is an innocent driver/team not meant to be in the fray) just to keep a driver from having some pride hurt.
Lets risk the lives & health of the drivers leaving it on the track (& possibly fans) because that would be better than if a driver got a shiner. Don't know about you, but I think Denny would probably rather have a shiner & a fat lip than a broken back.
So by all means. Yeah lets just keep it on the track.

I don't think either driver should have gotten a fine. & I do agree with you, that once one guy starts to manhandle another, as they say in Hockey. Drop the gloves!
ImageImageImage
<<

Searchers

Post Thu May 01, 2014 12:22 pm

What would the pacifists on here have Ambrose do once Mears had a couple handfuls of his fire suit and was shoving him around? Maybe put Mears on a "time out' ? :roll:
<<

ndunn

Post Thu May 01, 2014 3:57 pm

Well that case of old school didn't last long. Cost big bucks and on probation for a month. Our "old school" boys must be laughing up A STORM.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu May 01, 2014 5:35 pm

ndunn wrote:Well that case of old school didn't last long. Cost big bucks and on probation for a month. Our "old school" boys must be laughing up A STORM.

it cost ryan 50k..... maybe he threw two punches :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

ndunn

Post Fri May 02, 2014 11:04 am

I didn't really know what the whoopla was about as I had two computers crash and didn't watch the race. Then to top it off I couldn't find where the show Victory Lane was. Thanks a bunch FOX for wiping out our way of finding things. And the point is: when did Ryan get a $50,000 fine? I hope he enjoyed the punch and who was the punchee?
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing