FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

hitting the wall................

<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:01 pm

hitting the wall................

i dont proclaim to know everything or anything about nascar, but one thing ive noticed about most of the great drivers is at one point in time, they "hit the wall" meaning that the wins and the top 5 finishes are not always going to be there, and every driver hits that wall, petty, sr, gordon, wallace, and so on, and one day to the joy of many nascar fans, the same thing will happen to jj.

the competition today is intense, there are many good drivers out there that can win at any time. who knows what is going through tony's head, could it be he lost some of that drive that made him the driver in the past? could it be, that being part owner is catching up with him, or any other of the racing he does on his down time, personally i think what tony or any driver does behind their doors is no ones business or concern, its one thing as a fan to be mad at a certain driver, for messing up our fav drivers chances at a good finish, but personal life, should be left out, unless that driver felt the need to share it with the media, then id say that could be open for a debate, as i said many of times, and will continue to say til some people get it, appreciate the driver you follow, be his or hers biggest fan on the days they have a bad run, enjoy the fact you get to see them do something they love, they won't be doing it forever, have those fun silly arguments with your friends on why you think your driver is the best, dont let a drivers bad run, ruin your mood, this is a great sport with great competitors.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:41 pm

Re: hitting the wall................

It will happen to all drivers at some point in their career, I agree. The one driver that seems to somewhat be defying that inevitability is old man Mark Martin. But, even his day will come.

Then there is Morgan Shepard who still chases down bad guys. :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

muskrat3

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:12 pm

MJ thanks for such a positive post. I think the test of a true fan is the ones that can stick around through a dry spell,
I would rather be hated for who Iam the Loved for What Iam not
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:46 pm

Dale Jr. hasn't won a race in what 100 races now? Kevin Harvick is just recently running like i always felt he could,least since RCR seems to be finally getting with the program. Tony Stewart in my opinion is still the best active driver out there.Brad Keselowski has alot to learn in Cup as he did NW,but i think he'll be good one day,Penske makes it uncertian.Would lie if i said it doesn't bother me that my top three haven't beat JJ yet,but i don't lose sight of it all.MJ is right,even Dale Earnhardt,nah,Dale just got better.LOL Sooner or later the ones that rise may fall,but alot of em come back too in their career.The fans i can't stand are the ones who change colors when their driver suddenly does fall and they go with whoever is winning at that time.Prime example would be previous Dale Earnhardt fans switching over to Jeff Gordon during that era.Dale and Jeff didn't even have the same driving style,so i never got where the #### they were coming from other than the new kid in town? Still easy to be a true fan,just not so much fun if your driver isn't winning.When the winning comes around as it did for the late Dale,it's much more rewarding than to have jumped on a band wagon.Will give MJ credit,he doesn't sway from either two drivers he likes no matter what and that's the way all fans should be as least i see it.
<<

longtimetonyfan

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:45 pm

Well put MJ, and you, too, Wolfgang. As you said all drivers eventually end up unable to have winning seasons. I don't think Tony is anywhere near that point in his career although we are all somewhat frustrated, as I'm sure he is, too, with some of the finishes so far this year. It's early in the season and hopefully things will improve. Regardless, he is my driver and I will continue to be his fan during the wins as well as the losses.
I think far too many forget how many drivers out there have never won a race or even finished in the top ten through their entire careers. Many will never be considered more than average drivers (a lot because of the equipment), but they love what they do and will do it as long as they can get a ride. Who could blame them.....it's got to be a heck of a rush.
In my opinion they all deserve a lot more respect than most receive. How many of us could climb into a race car and run 200MPH dodging 40 other cars at the same speed for 3 hours? I'd likely have heart failure before I made it to turn 2. Course I'd probably be dumb enough to try it once if given the chance! :lol:
remember to enjoy life.....none of us are going to get out alive anyway
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:17 pm

No matter what stage of his life Tony is in he will always be my favorite. I've read alot of books and articles about Tony, his family and articles his mother has written and I just have to believe he is living the American dream. Tony gave up alot to be where he is and he doesn't seem to miss any of it. We only have a few who start out as young as he and Ryan were but both knew what they wanted. At times Tony and his Dad were at the mercy of friends and neighbors to help keep them racing and Tony tries his best to do pay back. His heart is as big as his beloved state of Indiana and as a human being I love him to pieces.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Merely just an opinion,but i believe there is no one more interested in the trophy at the end of the race than either [choke] Kyle Bush and of course Tony Stewart.Time to time,i often wonder if alot of them are just happy to be there the end of the race and make the big dollars w/o incident?Very obvious [choke] JJ is also amoung these three and having watched Dave Dispain with Kyle Petty this past weekend it was mentioned and i wonder myself? Yes,i often question Harvick and Jr. as well or is it since the loss of Dale,the fear factor has come into play as many drivers weren't the same after that incident?Just a thought.
<<

shawlovestony

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:28 pm

ya kyle bush needs to be hitting the wall more often ....lol :lol:
<<

shawlovestony

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:33 pm

yes tony is living his dreams , he is the only driver i know of that went broke to be where he is ,most of the drivers are born into the racing seen but he has worked for what he has . tony had to prove to nascar he can be the best ,thats why he is my fav i love tony and he is amazing person .
<<

shawlovestony

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:35 pm

yes muskrat3 the true fan sticks by his side no matter what!
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:37 am

that is so true Tony came by it the hard way that is why he appreciates it more

Return to Tony