FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Fellowship Thread

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:28 am

Fellowship Thread

I know a lot of us here are Christian or something else, so I just figured I'd post a thread where we could come together and do a little talking, fellowshipping, praising, etc. I hope this doesn't violate board policy since it's centered to it's own thread, but if it does Phamo, take it down.

God's been great to me these last few months. Y'all know how I was in November and remember me askin for prayers the night I had devised my suicide scheme. Well, I still get way down at times, but I am a hundred times better than I was then. He's blessed me with a lot. The writing I'm doing (and making $50 a month doing it), that offer came completely out of left field after I had prayed about it. And that's just the beginning.

Here is my testimony I put at Facebook, if anyone wants to read it, and I'd love to read everybody else's, too.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/note.php?note_id=10150100543973954
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:29 am

Re: Fellowship Thread

that was a great story you told and i am glad you found the guidance you needed, and with the groundwork you are laying now it will only be a matter of time before you reach the goals you have set for yourself.
<<

azk8ster

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:09 am

Aaron, I just read your testimonial, and just want to thank you for offering to us the most important of any intangible in the world, hope.
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:33 am

You're welcome. That makes me feel good.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

<<

longtimetonyfan

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:11 am

Aaron, so glad to hear an upbeat, positive attitude from you. You are a wonderful, bright, caring person that deserves the best out of life, and you sound like you are heading in that direction. So glad that God has made you see your glass is aways "half full", and not "half empty". I have no doubt that your dreams will eventually become reality for you.
I went through a rough time recently myself and have to admit I was angry with God. It took some time before I realized that he has reasons for all the things that happen in our lives. We don't always understand them, but they are there none the less. Eventually, I have to admit the whole ordeal has brought me closer to God, mainly because I needed the strength he gave me.
Keep up with your writing, and might I suggest you keep a daily journal. I suspect it might just make a good book one day! :D
Last edited by longtimetonyfan on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
remember to enjoy life.....none of us are going to get out alive anyway
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:21 pm

Mmm. How come when I clicked on your FB link it brought me to MY OWN FB page? I'd really like to read what you have to say. Can you give me another way to read your testimonial?

I like the idea of this thread. We have a lot of non racing threads here. I imagine the powers that be will leave it alone. None of us all have the same viewpoints. I teach 3rd grade catechism for my Catholic church so I come from that view point a lot. But I have friends who are everything from Wicca to the Bahai faith (which I really like-- the latter that is, not the former, although I love my Wicca friends, not keen on the "religion"). But education is education and inspiration abounds in so many ways. I like that we're all from different backgrounds.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:30 pm

tlmerk wrote:Mmm. How come when I clicked on your FB link it brought me to MY OWN FB page? I'd really like to read what you have to say. Can you give me another way to read your testimonial?

Honestly I'm not sure of any other way than the link I put. Hmmm. :?

<<

Nut

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:25 am

I must say I had no idea the problems you had but am really glad you found God and the strength you needed. God will always listen to you Aaron. Here's to hoping you never find yourself on "that" road again...

Nut
It Is What It Is...
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:50 am

i think it is good to have a thread like this where people can share their thoughts on god or religion, i study the teachings of meher baba, as some members know, he first coined that phrase "dont worry, be happy.." i went to catholic school for 6 years, and that was a strict 6 years when i first read this thread, i found it refreshing and welcomed, i hope other members share their thoughts...
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:04 pm

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

justlisa

Post Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:15 am

Aaron you are a truly amazing young man. I am so happy you have found peace. I am even happier you are finding your way and your talents are being recognized. Your writing has always been amazing to me, and your toons also. I know one day so many of your dreams will come true. You have made it through some of the hardest life lessons already. I am very blessed to have you as a friend, love ya Lisa
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:48 pm

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:51 pm

I appreciate that our sport is one that embraces faith. Of course, there are no athiests at 190 MPH anyway, but still.

<<

muskrat3

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:07 am

Aaron your story is wonderful. Keep working on yourself. I promise one day you will realize that you haven't hurt today. A very wise friend of mine as had to remind me over the last several months " Everything in your life is just the way God needs them to be right now" I am not going to lie to you it wasn't always easy. My oldest son just finished a deployment in Afghanstan. He was in Sangin Valley, Which has been refered to as the gates of #### on earth. We went 6wks at a time without hearing from, All I could do is put my faith in God that all would be as it is supposed to be. I had another heart attack in Jan, but I survived and I do take my health more seriously. I haven't be able to find a good job. but I have been home to help my 14y/o son. When I look back everything was just the way God needed to be for me to Grow.
Maybe thats why it is called growing pains.
I am glad there was an intervention for you. Suicide is a permant solution to to temporary problem.

Loves and Hugs
Musky.
I would rather be hated for who Iam the Loved for What Iam not
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:19 am

muskrat3 wrote:Suicide is a permant solution to to temporary problem.

Loves and Hugs
Musky.

That is a GREAT quote! It gets right to the heart of the matter. *Big thumbs up*

Keep the faith, Aaron and reach out for help when you feel the need. God Bless!
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
Next

Return to The Lobby