FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Another year, another loss

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:45 am

Another year, another loss

I'd found myself struggling to get excited for the race, which I sort of thought was a good sign seeing as I had been feeling very lousy before the 2011 Ford 400. Turns out, obviously, that I instead had very good reason not to get excited. Questioning if he'll ever win that race. Not for a lack of talent or ability but for lack of luck. Blind stupid luck that has those dipsticks who root for Earnhardt celebrating a second one while we've never celebrated, Mark's fans never did, Rusty's never did, and so on.

Beginning to really fear a Michael Andretti-at-Indianapolis type of curse.

"It's the Daytona 500, I ain't supposed to win the d*mn thing." - Dale Earnhardt (Though, three years later, he did finally win it).
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

kim92164

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:02 am

Re: Another year, another loss

Sometimes I wonder if the Daytona 500 for Tony isn't like a big test in college. You've studied so hard and you know you can do it but you don't, but then there are those who go in there and it's like they never really tried. Maybe Tony is trying too hard, but he won't admit it. I'd love to see him win a Daytona 500 and maybe he could've done it last night if it hadn't been for that stupid fuel cell. One day, when he least expects it it'll fall into his lap.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:05 am

Once Tony developed fuel pressure problems and he ended up in the pits and finally the garage, I lost interest in the whole race. I watched it to the end, but I couldn't get excited. :|

I had hoped he would at least be competitive. :(

Oh well, put last night behind and move on to Phoenix. :)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:05 am

Aaron, as I commented to you on Facebook, I'm disappointed FOR him not IN him. Last night's equipment failure surely dampened his return but he's back. He's healthy and we move on to Phoenix.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

im4tony

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:06 am

Although I was saddened and disappointed I am glad he did not get caught up in a wreck and get injured. On to Phoenix
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

anita56

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:23 am

Did I want him to win, of course. But let me tell you, the guy almost lost his leg. I just happy he started and finished the race.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:00 am

Every thing that was in Tony's control was perfect. The body of the car was a piece of art.... perfect in every way made possible by Chad who worked weeks on making it perfect.....what's going on in the motor department was so suspect...after four and maybe five engines blown.....that leaves many many questions unanswered in that department. One maybe, two never..........They need to get to the bottom of that problem....... :x Tony has worked so hard to get back in the car, he's healthy, he's upbeat....and I am just sure all will be fine for him! On to Phoenix!!!!!

I hate the weather aspect of Daytona for sure...I am not sure either about the the effect this new spoiler has on the car......I wasn't a fan of the two car two step, but at least they could move from the back to the front ......going 200 hundred miles an hour...nose to tail with the only prospect of advancement is the side draft and small bumping just takes away the excitement of it all! With all the cars bunched that tight...at 200 miles an hour, the threat of rain, throw in a bunch of rookies... that is a recipe for disaster....Example Danica, that wreck had absolutely nothing to do with her, she did nothing wrong.....she was just along for the ride. It looked like her throttle may have been stuck open, and that was a very hard hit!

Good news.....Tonys car has not a scratch on it and lives to fight another day! Not sure how Kevin's and Kurt's car faired....They were both involved in a couple of wrecks... Kurt's had a lot of parts flapping around the back.....Kevin's I'm sure had a lot of damage from the last wreck...but they both were very competitive during the race....I really really like all of the new crew chiefs! :D
Great communication and problem solving skills.....

Now for Junior.....am I happy he won! Of Course.... It was what those fans needed!! I believe things happen for a reason...that car tape that stuck to the front of Jrs car, could have been a gift from his Daddy....we will never know, but I'd like to think so. :D it sure made his car fast!!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Tina DeBose

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:18 am

well I guess they didn't approve of my post it didnt
show up here for what ever reason it wasent disrespectful just an opinion but well said Annalee
to your post things to happen for a reason and God
is aways watching and he will make things the best
for all involved aways.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:20 pm

You are sooooo right Tina..... :D

Tina I don't know why it didn't show up. Did you accidentally hit preview button, instead of the submit button? Some times when there are two people posting on the same forum at the same time.....it does that..... I really don't think it had anything to do with what you said.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

jdpirate

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:35 pm

I was disappointed that Tony had problems in the race...but he was there and able to race!
The Daytona 500 for Tony is like it was for DW and Dale Sr.. many years of trying, many years of frustrations and then.... they finally won it! I'm sure Tony isn't giving up on winning that race and I am not giving up on him winning it either. It was Terry Labonte's last 500 and he never won it. Some never do....that's the way it goes :(
Was hoping that Kevin and Kurt were going to end up better than they did-- darn wrecks :x

Congrats to JR!
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

Tina DeBose

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Ok thats two post that didnt show up here the last
one was to you Annalee
<<

HotCamaro

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:58 pm

Although I felt disappointed for Tony, I was so grateful to have him back in racing. Although the Daytona is "The" race, it really is more about staying out of a wreck than racing. I love racing and am not one of those fans who enjoy watching wrecks. Hated seeing Danica hit that wall after she was doing so well. Wrong place at the wrong time.....typical Daytona. Looking forward to next week at Phoenix!
<<

Tina DeBose

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:12 pm

HC Ditto on having Tony back it has been a long wait
and we all know it was pure torture have to lay in that bed can go to the therapy but he made it I'm a little disappointed with the way the race want and the way the rules are that's all I'm going to say so my post won't get censored and end up in file 13
<<

Shander

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:58 pm

Like all of you I am just thrilled to have Tony back in the car and doing what he loves. But all I can say is "here we go again" more mechanical problems, blown engines. I hope I am wrong. Last year the cars Tony drove just seemed to have a lot of problems and he just could never get them to move. In my opinion... I don't care how good of a friend Mr. Hendricks is to Tony, I wonder if some of those problems come from Mr. H. Now I know someone will say that who gets which engine is strictly luck or unlucky. But I still feel strongly about this. Mr. H doesn't want Tony to win another championship... those are reserved for JJ.... again JMO!.
"No Woman will ever be truly satisfied... because no man will ever have a chocolate penis that ejaculates money."
Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter.. don't mind and those that mind... don't matter!!
<<

semsmom

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:09 pm

Like the rest of you I too was disappointed in the race outcome. I think with all the media hype and my own inter Hype to see him get back in the car . I kept thinking in the back of my mind like I'm sure many of you , Winning the 500 would really cap off the past few months not just for all of us but mostly for Tony. Even if he did not win the one that keeps getting away from him I am great-full he was back in the car. I have confidence that the rest of the season will go better then we all think and maybe just maybe there will be a pot of gold at the end.
#StandWithSmoke

Official NASCAR Fan Council Member
Next

Return to Tony