FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

The Final Ride.......

<<

Annalee

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:31 am

The Final Ride.......

13 years ago tomorrow we lost a Great Driver.....Very touching story......Living in North Carolina in the Heart of NASCAR it is very common to see haulers up and down Interstate 85, usually in bumper to bumper traffic going 70......And to slow that traffic to follow behind the Hauler......INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!...... Very nice tribute to Dale Earnhardt....he meant a lot to his fans in NC.....

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Rachael J

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:20 pm

Re: The Final Ride.......

I watched "The Day" the other night on FS1, It still makes me cry. A sad day, indeed....
<<

jsw14

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:13 pm

I've had this T-Shirt of Dale's Back-To-Back Championship's 1990-1991 (with COA) for over 15 years now. This T-Shirt was signed for Lisa (Dale's best friend Nell Bonnett's daughter) in 1992. The wife & I have visited Dale's Mom Martha Earnhardt in her house where Dale grew-up. We talked to her for about an hour. She is a Very down-home Lady. I'll never forget that day as long as I live. :)

BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:58 pm

JSW, nice memory....I have also talked to her....when you live in the area it is easy..you meet them in places everyone shops.....Target, Wallmart......Starbucks... What amazes me about her is that she still lives in the same house...quite a Lady. :)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:15 pm

Hello Everyone,

As you can tell I am not a JR or SR fan, but I would never wish that upon any driver. I still remember exactly where I was at the day SR left the world. Just like 9/11, an unimaginable day. R.I.P. Dale Earnhardt Sr.

Great tribute everyone.
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:04 pm

Dale [Ralph] Earnhardt was the last of Nascar far as i'm concerned and I sure do miss Winston Cup as well as the Busch Series and The Craftsman Truck Series. Alot has changed over the years, took a long time to keep myself from looking for the #3 and today I have lost all respect for Richard Childress for bringing back that # just for Marketing!!!!
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

BlackFlag

Post Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:19 pm

Thanks for posting that, Annalee! I've never seen that pic or heard that story before.
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

okr12

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:44 pm

Not to insult Dale's memory, but the #3 was Richard's long before he hired Dale. It has been gone a
long time in tribute of Dale, but again I believe Richard's grandson has every right to represent RCR
with the #3. Is it all marketing? I don't believe or the would have tried to use GM an #3 with Kevin
at some point.
Proud Member of the Sideways Travlin' Dirt Show
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:02 pm

okr12 wrote:Not to insult Dale's memory, but the #3 was Richard's long before he hired Dale. It has been gone a
long time in tribute of Dale, but again I believe Richard's grandson has every right to represent RCR
with the #3. Is it all marketing? I don't believe or the would have tried to use GM an #3 with Kevin
at some point.

The stories change as the years go on far as Richard goes-he might want to remember what he said back then as to what he says now. Kevin Harvick took over the ride because Jeff Burton refused to,just for the fact he didn't want the pressure of following in Dales shadows. Richard no longer wanted to run the #3 or a black car for that matter, ever again! Gradually we see the #29 turning black as time goes on, even with Budwiser once or twice. Suddenly Austin gets the ride and the car is black and white with Dow as a sponsor? My only point is the man died in that car that he made famous and all the years before even before RCR had it, no one died in the #3. The number may be red, but it's still the same and eventually the car will be near all black, there is no doubt. RCR made more money off the #3 with Dale than he ever did in his life. The grandpa excuse is beginning to bore me because grandpa was never really noticed till Dale came along or did he ever win a race himself aside with Ricky Rudd. Austin needs his own number and make his own mark in history, grandpa already gives him enough help w/o Dale too! Nascar should have retired the #3, they didn't and here is the reason! 50% of fans don't care either way, it's the other 50% of us they have to worry about because this could go either way for RCR and Austin and they may not make the money they think they will. I'm really not happy having to repaint the tailgate on my truck either, no one will ever see me wear that #3 again unless it's in IRL with Penske. Respect your opinion and a lot of people share the same opinion, but mine goes deeper and still i'm a huge fan of Dale and to me it's disrespect to him as a lot of his fans.
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

okr12

Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:17 pm

Well put, and I agree with your feelings. I have always maintained the feeling that you speak louder
with your wallet than anything else. If #3 merchandise falls in value and SR fans don't support the
new deal then the dollars spent will send the message.
Proud Member of the Sideways Travlin' Dirt Show

Return to NASCAR & Racing