FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Calls two-car draft ‘silly

<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:59 pm

Re: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Calls two-car draft ‘silly

That race until the last lap was rathher boring.

The comment about the sinlge file racing doesn't make sense. The only race that happened a ton was the fall race of 09 when drivers when told not to bump draft in the corners. It did happen every race but only for short period of time.

I am not a fan of plate racing in general but I prefer the pack racing. You controled your own destiny more. For example after Ryan and Juan wrecked Jamie couldn't find a partner and finished 21st with a car that could have won.

I hope NASCAR increases the plate size and make it so that you couldn't push for more then say 2 laps or you'll blow up.
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:07 pm

single file racing happened more than you think, hence the smaller fuel cells to spread the field out, many fans were bored with it, because with the cot, you really couldnt do a sling shot move, fact of the matter its not going back to what it was in the 90's, and its alot better to watch now then have half the field lay back so they didnt get in a accident.
<<

Smokeshow14

Post Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:19 pm

It happened and I actually liked it (if it wasn't for more then say 15 laps). It was kind of seeing who would make a move. The only time it really ruined a race was that one in 2006 when Vickers wrecked Johnson into Jr no one like ever made a move.

But what I don't like how the 2nd car has 0 chance of winning and is resigned to run 2nd unless they are alone. Harvick, Martin, Jr and Biffle had no chance of winning. As a driver I am sure that is fustrating (But Jr and Harvick's attitudes make me go hmm)

I wonder if NASCAR throwing out that finish is honestly happy with this? This to me was one of the best finishes at Talladega http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMK4UtL8XAg
Cup: 14, 1, 29, 88, 99, 11, 17, 39, 15, 5, 2, 16
NW: 7, 31, 3, 11, 60, 88, 12
Trucks: 9, 88, 3, 7, 17, 31
IRL: 10, 11, 12, 26, 3, 38, 27
RIP Dan Wheldon
"Fight for Four"- Annalee
You got to have a big gigantic drum kit.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:22 am

Smokeshow14 wrote:It happened and I actually liked it (if it wasn't for more then say 15 laps). It was kind of seeing who would make a move. The only time it really ruined a race was that one in 2006 when Vickers wrecked Johnson into Jr no one like ever made a move.

But what I don't like how the 2nd car has 0 chance of winning and is resigned to run 2nd unless they are alone. Harvick, Martin, Jr and Biffle had no chance of winning. As a driver I am sure that is fustrating (But Jr and Harvick's attitudes make me go hmm)

I wonder if NASCAR throwing out that finish is honestly happy with this? This to me was one of the best finishes at Talladega http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMK4UtL8XAg

...that WAS an awesome finish...but, as MJ mentioned above...we'll never see that kind of racing again with the COT. It'll change a bit when the new asphalt wears and the track gets slicker...'til then...it's "Noah's Ark" racin'. :|
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

daniluvs14

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:53 pm

call me silly.. but jr is jealous that he can't win his way out of a wet paper bag.
most all the drivers like it and think it is fun from theiiews.. so it just gives jr a chance to whine.. wonder if he wants some cheese with that wine.

i know i am gonna get blasted for this comment.. but mama used to tell me the truth hurts.
IT FEELS LIKE I HAVE BEEN DRIVING IN CIRCLES ALL DAY

TONY...BRISTOL 2009
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing