Skip to content

CHASE BRISCOE – 2019 NXS Dover II Race Advance

Race Name: Use Your Melon Drive Sober 200 (Race 29 of 33)
Venue: Dover International Speedway in Dover, Delaware
Television: 3:00 p.m. EDT on NBCSN
Point Standings: 
– Cole Custer: 2nd; trails points leader by 10 points; 71 points above cutoff line; Clinched a spot in the Round of 8.
– Chase Briscoe: 6th; trails points leader by 46 points; 35 points above cutoff line

Ford’s racing program is part of the Ford Performance organization based in Dearborn, Mich. It is responsible for major racing operations globally, including NASCAR, IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship, FIA World Endurance Championship, FIA World Rally Championship, Virgin Australia Supercars, Formula Drift, and NHRA Funny Car and sportsman drag racing. In addition, the organization also oversees the development of Ford’s racing engines, as well as the outreach programs with all Ford Clubs and Ford enthusiasts. For more information regarding Ford racing’s activities, please visit www.fordperformance.comwww.facebook.com/FordPerformance, Ford Performance on Instagram and @FordPerformance on Twitter.

You had your best Xfinity Series finish at Dover earlier this season with a fifth-place run in May. What is your goal for this weekend as you return to this track for a second time this year?

“Obviously, the main goal is to avoid any mistakes and keep ourselves locked into the top-8 to advance to the next round of the playoffs. My personal goal is to just improve upon our last outing at Dover and keep the No.98 in the top-five. If we can stay up there throughout the race then we’ll have a shot to win. After last weekend, I’m super excited to get back on track and see what we can do, but I also know we have to keep playoff points in mind and be smart.”