FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dear Chad Johnston

<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:44 pm

Dear Chad Johnston

Hey y'all, I'm starting this blog post and I intend to write an entry each week post race in an effort to reveal my own feelings about the race and Tony's performance in general. I think that it will get quite personal at times so if you don't wish to be subjected to my rantings I beg you not to read it or comment. However, if you wish to share your own critique of the race and the call from the pit box please feel free to join in.

My first entry will appear tomorrow..........................
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: Dear Chad Johnston

should be interesting...... :)
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:53 pm

Thanks MJ for your support and confidence. I believe it will be a very revealing look into my little world.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:53 am

i use to listen to both JJ and ryan, it was hard to listen to ryan, he didnt say much, the one race all i heard was the spotter counting laps, haha
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:39 pm

Each night I say a little prayer for " Our Chad"...... To give him the strength and wisdom to make Tony's come back the best ever....... :D Look forward to see what you have to say. I think hiring Chad and Rodney from MWR, and the fact that they are both engineers will be of great value to all of SHR....plus one tidbit of info from Tony's recuperation because of sitting on the side lines listening is that he realizes he needs to give better feed back to the pit crew! I think Steve Addington was a really nice guy, but it takes someone with an engineering background to be able to set up and adjust the new cars.

Ordered my shoes.... :lol: :) :) can't wait! Hope my T- shirt comes soon....

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:41 pm

Dear Chad Johnston,

Well, my new friend, this is the week we've all been waiting months for. You know ALL eyes will be on you and I hope you are up to the challenge. I personally am counting on it.

Your resume is impressive, no doubt about it. But you and I both know it's going to take more than that. It's going to be up to you to make him communicate with you about what the car is doing and what he wants. From what I understand the two of you have not spent a great deal of time together but all that is certainly about to change. Hopefully this process goes quickly and easily. But.............you're both men and we know how the species rolls. Trial by fire baby!

My biggest hope in the first few weeks is that YOU will be the guy who gives him a car that unloads FAST. BAD FAST. That's been a sticking point for me for a while now and I'm hopeful that you are the guy who can make this happen.

You've got some big shoes to fill. You see I loved me some Darian Grubb. He gave me a championship and something that made me feel like I was part of that championship team. I thought the Addington administration was going to be bigger than it was but I was still crazy about him. And Zippy...well we both know how strong that bond is.

I'll be totally honest. I already have a Chad. He's awesome but when he makes it to victory lane my heart doesn't skip a beat and I don't smile for a whole week. I look forward to seeing your smiling face in the winners circle and knowing the sound of your voice just like I know my own.

Til next time,

Doc
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:21 pm

Knaus rules! he is a genius.. thankfully he plays on the 48 team :)
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:28 pm

Look forward to reading these every week!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:14 pm

does this mean i can post dear Chad K letters here? :P
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:38 pm

I think that belongs in the Nascar section. But it would be ok with me if we have a Chad Knaus section on the site. Ooh la la....Chad pics.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:26 pm

haha im sure you would, i just said that because i didnt want your thread to get lost in the shuffle :)
<<

Tina DeBose

Post Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:31 pm

Doc. T hanks for the post I think its going to be very interesting and something a lot of us will want to follow up on and share opinions and views have a suggestion we have a lot of new people at the garage of them I'm new to racing maybe it would be a good thing if we were to put his bio stats racing history cetra to let everyone know where is coming from and what he's done where his strengths lie and where he's weak with all eyes watching we're not going to miss very much if anythingwho knows we may see something I'll come up with something that can help the team my father used to say if one man can think of it another man can do it but it takes communication to get the job done. look forward to the post and the reading it'll be interesting Thanks doc
<<

Taskforce14

Post Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:48 pm

Haven't heard much about Johnston since he joined the team. Rodney Childers is on twitter and posts a lot of pictures and interesting stuff. I would like to see more from Chad. I haven't even really seen any media articles about him either.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:17 pm

Dear Chad Johnston,

Last night was a fiasco wasn't it? I'm not pointing any fingers(well not at this point) but we sure didn't get the result we had been hoping for. I give high praise to your driver for trying to move around the track. He sure laid down a fast lap before he was involved in that wreck. There is a learning curve here and I'm hoping that you two can put your heads together and make things happen.

Today's qualifying just really ticked me off in all honesty. The fact that no matter where he placed he must go to the back is a crock of $hit in my opinion. I hope you can get more out of the car on Thursday than you got today. I'm not much concerned where he starts but where he finishes.

Duel on my friend...I'll be watching.

Doc
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:37 pm

i was waiting fr this week installment, i stopped listing to all radios about 2 years ago, hms director said that the 3 teams were to aggressive with the engine, but this nascar and their stupid rules that change whenever it suits them
Next

Return to Tony