Skip to content

CHASE BRISCOE – 2019 NXS Road America Race Report

Race Name: CTECH Manufacturing 180 (Race 23 of 33)
Venue: Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Stages: 10 laps/ 10 laps / 25 laps (45 Total Laps)
Race Winner: Christopher Bell of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Results: Chase Briscoe: 7th | Cole Custer: 10th
Point Standings:
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 874 points; trails points leader by 135 points
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 787 points; trails points leader by 222 points

Chase Briscoe / Ford Performance Ford Mustang Recap:

– Briscoe qualified 10th and finished Stage 1 in sixth to pick up five points. 
– The No. 98 Ford Performance team started Stage 2 in 11th and drove into the top-five by lap 14.
– The No. 98 Ford Mustang drove to the lead on lap 19 and held his position to score the stage win, pick up 10 additional points and a playoff point.
– Briscoe started the final stage in sixth and raced back into the top-five by lap 27.
– The No. 98 Ford came to pit road for four tires and fuel on lap 33 and picked up three positions on pit road, but restarted fifth on lap 35 as several cars came to pit road immediately before the caution.
– The Ford Performance team stayed out during the final caution on lap 42 and restarted fourth with two laps remaining, but fell to seventh in the dash to the checkered flag.
– Briscoe scored his 18th top-10 finish of 2019. The race marked Briscoe’s Xfinity Series debut at Road America.

Next Up: Sport Clips Haircuts VFW 200 at Darlington Raceway on August 31st at 4:00 p.m. ET broadcast by NBC.

Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Ford Performance Ford Mustang:                                   

“I feel like overall it was a bit of a confidence builder. We ran up front all day long and it seemed like no matter where we restarted we could make passes and work our way back to the front. Our finish doesn’t show how good we were throughout the day. We were a third to fifth-place car all day long. Green-white-checkered finishes on road courses are just chaos and we were on the bad end of it and ended up seventh. I’m proud of all our guys on the Ford Performance team. This road course swing is really tough on us, but we haven’t really torn anything up. It’s a really good opportunity to gain or lose points, and I think at the end of the stretch we gained points on everyone. That’s good, but I’m ready to go back oval racing now.”