<<

peanut1439

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:26 pm

OMG-Tony mentoring young media students

Got these from Stewart Haas Racing on Twitter:

Tweets: Can you imagine ??? LOL

StewartHaasRcng
Stewart-Haas Racing | Kannapolis, NC Following
Role reversal: Stewart now interviewing the UofA students. These students have some unique and fresh insight. U'll see 'em after graduation.

Tony Stewart: Racecar driver, team owner, humanitarian and teacher...molding future generations of the media.

Media who follow this Twitter feed are wondering what's more frightening: the coming tornadoes or Stewart serving as a media mentor.

The UofA students are taking an advanced magazine writing class and Stewart is telling them of his dealings with the media...good and bad.

Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

peanut1439

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:29 pm

Re: OMG-Tony mentoring young media students

You know what he is telling them probably,,, Do your research, don't be repetitive and DON"T ask Stupid Questions..hahahaha
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

peanut1439

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:42 pm

His class..lol

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:59 pm

Great to see Tony take the time to help these students. *2 big thumbs up*
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:40 pm

Hopefully they'll learn something & start respecting the drivers after a bad day at the track & contact the driver after a cool down, whether that day or the next day. As long as they get a story, that's all that's important. Sure we'd like to know what happened right then & there, but to get a respectable story the next day when things are settled (or better) will be better for everyone.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

tlmerk

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:47 pm

I love Tony but he can be such a dick to journalists. It all depends on which day you catch him and what he thinks of your question. And I don't buy that it's because they all ask him stupid questions because I've seen him go off on someone who asked what I felt was a completely appropriate question. And he's that way not just after a race but at a scheduled news conference too.

I just don't think he likes media at all. The man just wants to race. I think he would give up all the fame and most of the money just to go back to obscurity and race in the dirt. That's just me. But I don't think it's cool when he's an #### to a journalist.

Now he seems to have a HUGE heart and I think he likes all the charity stuff but dang, I would not want to interview that man unless it's a one on one interview and a Schlitz is involved.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:53 pm

tlmerk wrote:I love Tony but he can be such a dick to journalists. It all depends on which day you catch him and what he thinks of your question. And I don't buy that it's because they all ask him stupid questions because I've seen him go off on someone who asked what I felt was a completely appropriate question.

I just don't think he likes media at all. The man just wants to race. I think he would give up all the fame and most of the money just to go back to obscurity and race in the dirt. That's just me. But I don't think it's cool when he's an #### to a journalist.

Oh come on tlmerk, i use to feel the same way you do,but when i put myself in his position-i'd probly be worse than Tony.lol Would love to race in Nascar if it were possable,the racin' and money would be awesome,but i couldn't take all the crap that goes along with it.
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

tlmerk

Post Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:59 pm

Hey Wolf I will sing my praises for Tony's driving from the rooftops and I love how honest and forthright he tries to be. I think that's why I first started liking him, that and his history in sprint cars but I personally think if your magazine/newspaper asks you to interview Smoke, you need to ask for hazard pay. :-)

I know... I can hear it in my own head... Lighten up, that's just Tony, that's just one reason why we like him! :-)

But it looks like he was nice to these kids and that was the purpose of this thread anyway... then I came on and became the jerk! :-)
<<

azk8ster

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:32 am

Hey TLMerk, just ONE Schlitz? i'd need a case, MINIMUM!

And i could not possibly agree with everything else you said any more. So knock off the "i'm a jerk" talk!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:12 am

I think Tony is the perfect racer to mentor the students. At least they will know first hand what they will be up against and perhaps learn a few rules before they go left field with stupid questions. Personally I think NASCAR should make a few rules and see to it the media sticks to it. I know that's part of their job to interview but do our US and State government legislators who actually work for us answer questions when they don't feel like it? Of course not. Do they hide from the public? Yes, and they lie like bandits when they feel like it. Which profession is more important? IMO neither one is. One is entertainment the other our future. We need both. So in my reality Tony is as important as the president and needs the same respect.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:50 pm

azk8ster wrote:Hey TLMerk, just ONE Schlitz? i'd need a case, MINIMUM!

And i could not possibly agree with everything else you said any more. So knock off the "i'm a jerk" talk!

:mrgreen:

Maybe a case of Schlitz and some Whoppers with fries served by a good looking Russian girl in a swim suit!
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:29 pm

This is from one of Tony's interviews:

WHAT DID YOU TELL THE JOURNALISM STUDENTS AT ALABAMA THIS WEEK? “I gave them the list of the hit-list media and I’m sure they will be interviewing you guys soon. (SMILES). Not that you guys didn’t know that already.”

Guess my pointed head isn't too sharp today. Can someone 'splain this comment to me?
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:55 pm

tlmerk wrote:Hey Wolf I will sing my praises for Tony's driving from the rooftops and I love how honest and forthright he tries to be. I think that's why I first started liking him, that and his history in sprint cars but I personally think if your magazine/newspaper asks you to interview Smoke, you need to ask for hazard pay. :-)

I know... I can hear it in my own head... Lighten up, that's just Tony, that's just one reason why we like him! :-)

But it looks like he was nice to these kids and that was the purpose of this thread anyway... then I came on and became the jerk! :-)

You're not a jerk,you're not a jerk,you're not a jerk! Don't believe that for a moment!
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:26 pm

NascarNanaOK wrote:This is from one of Tony's interviews:

WHAT DID YOU TELL THE JOURNALISM STUDENTS AT ALABAMA THIS WEEK? “I gave them the list of the hit-list media and I’m sure they will be interviewing you guys soon. (SMILES). Not that you guys didn’t know that already.”

Guess my pointed head isn't too sharp today. Can someone 'splain this comment to me?

i think tony was hinting around that there are certain media out there that could take some lessons from these kids, or the kids are going to interview the media and see how NOT to be....
I miss you Frehley........
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:20 pm

Okay MJ, that works. Thanks.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK

Return to Tony