FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

2013 October Winner

<<

animink1

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:13 am

2013 October Winner

Congrats to our October SHR VIP Garage winner, Bubbab1966! The prize for the month of October is a Stewart-Haas Racing Jersey autographed by Tony Stewart. Next month we’ll award our grand prize! Every time you log in, you’re entered to win. Easy, right? Have fun and good luck!
Attachments
vip_garage_october_prize.jpg
vip_garage_october_prize.jpg (37.88 KiB) Viewed 1373 times
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:18 am

Re: 2013 October Winner

Oh joy, another person who has not visited the site since October 1st and has never ever posted to a single thread. At least they are a more recent member.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:17 pm

beaverpond wrote:Oh joy, another person who has not visited the site since October 1st and has never ever posted to a single thread. At least they are a more recent member.

What a SURPRISE......NOT!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

anim8r1

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:26 pm

This was also posted in the September thread...

Hi all, this is Markus from Animink.
I encourage you to reach out to us with your concerns via the link at the bottom of every page for the webmaster, the address is inquiry@animink.com.
We take every concern seriously and have regularly monitored that email address.

If you feel that points were not awarded properly, we'll be happy to investigate, just send us an email with your concerns.

As far as prizes, they are truly awarded randomly. We have code that randomly chooses the winner. We have some new changes coming for 2014 that will hopefully make things better here.

And we welcome your suggestions. Please let us know what we can do to improve the fan area for 2014.
<<

Jellikit

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:28 pm

Hey Markus, first, thanks for posting. It really is the first time I've seen someone from the site actually answer our (somewhat petty) gripes over this issue. So thank you for that!
I haven't been here long, but have seen numerous posts about people trying to reach out to the site's admins about this or that, only to no avail. So it's nice to see that someone is actually reading stuff and that they're willing to respond.
I will send in an email if I have an issue. But I think most of us just wish these monthly prize winners were of the "loyal fan" variety, rather than people who seem to just sign up to hopefully win a prize, then once they've met their eligibility requirement, they're never seen again.
Well, that's my take anyways.
Again, thanks for the post Markus. :!:
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:26 pm

I sent an e-mail but I won't hold my breath about getting a reply. I've wasted more time trying to find out whyt my points get clipped but others have way more. Those in the top 25 seldom change places which means they get their points. I doubt I'll participate in the webmaster run game as it is a waste of time for me.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:26 am

Jellikit wrote:Hey Markus, first, thanks for posting. It really is the first time I've seen someone from the site actually answer our (somewhat petty) gripes over this issue. So thank you for that!
I haven't been here long, but have seen numerous posts about people trying to reach out to the site's admins about this or that, only to no avail. So it's nice to see that someone is actually reading stuff and that they're willing to respond.
I will send in an email if I have an issue. But I think most of us just wish these monthly prize winners were of the "loyal fan" variety, rather than people who seem to just sign up to hopefully win a prize, then once they've met their eligibility requirement, they're never seen again.
Well, that's my take anyways.
Again, thanks for the post Markus. :!:

The email I sent to Markus last night was on this subject. I can only hope that it will be read and maybe taken into consideration. I cited some specifics about active vs. inactive members. We'll see if anything comes of it.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:44 am

I also sent a very long email last night too! I think the call to SHR may have triggered this response. I will wait and see what happens.....as for points, it's too late for them to fix those. That ship has already sailed........ :( This has been going on for a long, long, time!
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
#Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:58 am

The points problem that some members have experienced, I believe, is a problem in the database that was created when Animink "upgraded" to this new software platform. I don't think they can figure out why it works for some but not for others.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Jellikit

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:The points problem that some members have experienced, I believe, is a problem in the database that was created when Animink "upgraded" to this new software platform. I don't think they can figure out why it works for some but not for others.

That could be a result of the user's system, software, service provider, etc.
Not that it's the user's responsibility, but if people have issues, they need to be emailing the site, then (hopefully they get a response) the site should be asking what system a user is using, in order to work on the fix at their end.
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:23 pm

Here is my letter and email from Marcus......

Kudos to Marcus....here is his reply.... IT'S A START........

Hi Anne,
Please note my responses below in red...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 7:17 PM
To: inquiry@animink.com
Subject: Missing points.....and other complaints

Hi Markus,
Thank you for your reply to our concerns...many of the people who keep this website going, (the regulars)  are NEVER awarded any of the monthly prizes... They ALWAYS GO TO SOMEONE WHO
NEVER POSTS........will never post again!!  Those of us who are Real Tony Stewart SHR fans and support this website  never get anything from your monthly prizes.....this isn't just recently it has gone for a long, long time........ Just GO BACK look and read ALL the posts.....!!!!!
I don’t disagree with you. Keep in mind that the winners are picked entirely
at random. We will make some modifications for the 2014 season such that users who engage with the site more have a better chance to win.

In the weekly picks in the race for the chase, Jeff Gordon isn't even listed.  He is part of the chase
and at Martinsville won the race.... No points could be awarded cause he wasn't listed as a bonus
driver for the chase.....
We’ll fix. With him out though, no one would receive points, so no one gained any
points over another.

And as for points being awarded.....this is a joke.....Most of us never get the points from our picks..... We lock them in and then it says we haven't  made picks for that race....Please when you
lock them in they turn green.....if anyone at all was monitoring this web site this would have been corrected a LONG, LONG TIME AGO.....Go back and read! we send emails and get no response.....nothing....Crickets!!!
Please let me know the next time this occurs. I regularly check the
inquiry@animink.com email and have note seen emails regarding this. My apologies, I will definitely
reply to you at this address.

THAT is why we have our own contest in NASCAR and Racing Forum!  We have given up on your
points system..... That too is a joke. Half the time most of the regulars NEVER get all their Log in Points

Please report this when it happens.

We are not asking for anything that we don't deserve, we are asking for fairness on the site....you
are about to loose the people who keep it going.  Please fix it so the next call to SHR is a good
one!! They want to know.....and I will tell them.=

Please pass the information above along. We are listening.
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
#Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Here is the reply I received regarding awarding the monthly prize. I'm not sure his solution is much better. Just having to log in won't generate any more involvement. :?

Hi, thanks for this information.
I agree, we’re going to change the way the prizes are awarded for the 2014 season.
It will be directly tied to login, not posting.
So if a user logs in often during that month, their chances will be better.

Let us know of any other suggestions to make things better, thanks!

--M

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

hboyle

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:17 pm

Speaking of prizes, how are recipients notified? When I first signed up for the site, I didn't even know about the prizes. It just seemed like a fun website, in which I could speak with other fans. That's really awesome that they have these extra perks for the fans. Where's all the information on the prizes and qualifications located?
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:58 pm

You need to check out the threads under VIP GARAGE GANG NEWS...every month that is where you learn about the monthly winner and at the beginning of the season you learn about the rules for the grand prize and just prior to the chase you learn about how the points will work and who qualifies for the chase and who will qualify for the grand prize.

Now mind you I have not been participating much this year until the chase because I have not agreed with the way the points have been dealt with. Anyway, that is where you can learn about it all.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:02 am

Mmm... glad to hear some of you are hearing back from Animink. I sent one last email to the Inquiry email on Thursday or Friday and haven't heard back yet. To date, no one has told me why for the past couple of years, I wasn't given the Bonus points at the Chase start-over. Even though I post frequently, sign in almost every day and have been below the 200-member point (so WAY below their no. 1000 cut off), I keep NOT receiving the Chase points and thus don't even have a chance to win the final prize. No one has explained this glitch to me or why I'm excluded each year, but I'm curious if I will hear from them now, as it seems that many of you are hearing from your emails to SHR/Animink.

I'll let you guys know if I do hear back from them. In the meantime, glad to know "we're" getting some responses from them.

Tracy
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
Next

Return to VIP Garage Gang News