FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tissue samples and tests on Tony's leg wounds.......

<<

Annalee

Post Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:08 pm

Tissue samples and tests on Tony's leg wounds.......

I was afraid he might have an infection....hope they found the right antibiotic. I thought his leg looked swollen.... The thing that worried me the most was he looked like he was in a lot of pain, no smiles, no joking around......that is not Tony! I hope they are on the right tract now.... :(

From Dustin Long, for MRN radio:
CONCORD, N.C. - Tony Stewart was released from a hospital Thursday, three days after undergoing a third surgery on his broken right leg.
Stewart had surgery Monday to close a wound on his shin, stemming from the sprint car crash he had Aug. 5 at Southern Iowa Speedway.
Mike Arning, a spokesman for the team, said Stewart’s hospital stay was extended because of tests to determine why the wound was not healing as expected.
Arning said a tissue sample was taken and that test results weren’t known for 48 hours.
“They wanted to make sure they had the proper antibiotics, and they wanted to make sure there was no adverse reaction to the antibiotics,’’ Arning said.
Arning also said that this procedure won’t impact Stewart’s return to a NASCAR Sprint Cup car next season. Stewart is expected to be ready for next year’s Daytona 500.
Stewart’s first surgery on the leg came Aug. 6. That was a preliminary procedure to stabilize and clean the Grade 2 injury. The second surgery was Aug. 8 and involved inserting a metal rod inside the tibia.
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

im4tony14

Post Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: Tissue samples and tests on Tony's leg wounds.......

Thanks for the update. First details on what was going on.

#Smoke will rise
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:42 pm

Thanks Annalee. Glad to hear good news about Tony. What had to be done isn't much of a surprise as he had a horrific accident. I'm sure Tony's patience has been tested but he knows full well if he's taken care of and listens to the health care people he will be fine. My guess he never has been thru a test he's in right now and when it's healed he'll know it was worth it. Stay on the straight line Tony and know your friends and fans are thinkin about ya....... :) :) :)
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Rachael J

Post Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:40 pm

Thanks for the update. I worry about infections. :( Hope they got the antibiotic right!
#ISupportSmoke
#SmokeHasRisen
<<

azk8ster

Post Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:07 pm

Not to be an alarmist, but another reason wounds are slow to heal is if the patient has diabetes. Obviously I hope this has nothing to do with Tony's slow healing, and that the rest of his recovery is nothing but smooooooooth sailing!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

kim92164

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:32 am

azk8ster wrote:Not to be an alarmist, but another reason wounds are slow to heal is if the patient has diabetes. Obviously I hope this has nothing to do with Tony's slow healing, and that the rest of his recovery is nothing but smooooooooth sailing!

I agree, I've been there and done that 2 years ago when my great toe was crushed. But getting an infection in a wound can come from anywhere. He could have picked up something from being at the track or going to doctor appointments, therapy so on. But with the right antibiotics he should be ok. I don't know if his doctors have suggested him taking vitamins or not, but they do help with skin healing. At work any resident who comes in with any type of skin problems is immediately started on Vitamin C 500mg and Zinc Sulfate 220mg (for 6 weeks) twice a day and a Multi Vitamin with Minerals once a day. I started that when my toe was crushed and didn't have too much problem with an infection. Hope Tony takes good care of himself and gets well soon.
<<

im4tony

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:46 am

Thanks Annalee. I was worried about an infection with all the traveling he was doing and in so many different places. Glad they have it under control. Poor Tony just when he was getting around and feeling better.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:08 am

Why hasn't SHR released anything on Tony's hospital stay, surgery, infection, recovery.......anything! They haven't said a word, which makes me wonder what's going on???? :roll:

All he needs is us to take care of him. :lol: ......Kim sorry about your toe, that hurts to even think about it! Yikes!
I would hope they would have added Calcium, vitamin D and vitamin C and zinc too that's what you do when you break bones and have traumatic injury to muscle tissue......

I #Support Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:53 pm

Apparently Tony's injuries were much more serious than what was reported. Actually that is the way it should be as he owes nothing to the public as this is personal. I think he has done quite well for what happened to him and that the care he has been given I doubt if this part of it is no surprise to the medicals involved. Germs are everywhere and we can't put Tony in a bubble to keep him free of infection. If the doctor was worried he'd have Tony confined to his home and only be allowed out for doctor appointments only.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:02 pm

Remember, Tony is having a chat Tuesday night (7pm) sponsored by Coke. If you're on Twitter, you can submit questions - like, how's his leg doing?
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:07 pm

I'm not on twitter......you ask him.... :)

I #Support Smoke
<<

TishR

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:35 pm

I don't know of those who got to see Raceday on Fox Sports 2 but at the end of the show Wendy said Tony is at the race tonight in one of the suites with his leg up and headset on. She said the infection was minor, the doctors cleaned it all out and this will not set him back on his recovery.
Tish
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:03 pm

TishR wrote:I don't know of those who got to see Raceday on Fox Sports 2 but at the end of the show Wendy said Tony is at the race tonight in one of the suites with his leg up and headset on. She said the infection was minor, the doctors cleaned it all out and this will not set him back on his recovery.

YEAH.......... :) I was out to dinner, thanks for the good news Tish!

I #Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Annalee wrote:I'm not on twitter......you ask him.... :)

I did. I figured the more of us who asked a similar question, one of us might get answered. ;)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

anita56

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:22 pm

When exactly was RaceDay on?
Next

Return to Tony