FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bikers attack SUV

<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:34 am

Bikers attack SUV

i am curious on how some of you fee about this? I personally think the bikers are wrong and i find it disgusting they attacked the SUV when a woman and a baby was in the SUV

<<

ndunn

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:34 pm

Re: Bikers attack SUV

My feeling is the bikers are wrong and out of their minds. That driver was in the middle of chaos and was probably scared out of his mind. My husband and I saw alot of bike's in northern California that was the He$$'s Angels. They did not attempt road rage but I had my fingers crossed until they were out of sight.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:25 pm

the NYPD as of now are not planning of arresting the driver of the SUV, because he was bein attacked, even tho he ran over one of the bikers and said biker is in serious condition...
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:34 pm

What the h3ll did the bikers expect ?? They were blocking ALL LANES of traffic. I rode for a number of years, there is such a thing as courtesy on the roads. I don't have a problem with not arresting the SUV driver. Are they gonna press charges on the bikers??
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

dMeyer

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:45 pm

They have taken a couple of them into the ol down town station... I ride and hope that they get them for what they did...
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:26 pm

I swear...I think some people have lost their minds! Can you imagine how terrified that little girl was!?! I makes you want to stay home....

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:36 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:What the h3ll did the bikers expect ?? They were blocking ALL LANES of traffic. I rode for a number of years, there is such a thing as courtesy on the roads. I don't have a problem with not arresting the SUV driver. Are they gonna press charges on the bikers??

they let one go, but the one who bashed in the drivers window will be charged
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:59 pm

They charged the biker with false imprisonment and wreckless operation today in a New York City Court with the possibility of additional charges later.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:20 pm

My previous post I heard on the news tonight. The following information I just got from our local newspaper:

A motorcyclist was charged Wednesday with reckless driving after prosecutors said he touched off a tense encounter with the driver of an SUV and a throng of other bikers that ended with blood and broken bones on a Manhattan street.

Christopher Cruz, 28, of Passaic, N.J., was also charged with unlawful imprisonment. His bail was set at $1,500 cash. His attorney, H. Benjamin Perez, said his client denied all the allegations.

“He will come back to fight this case and clear his name,” he said.

Cruz is the only person charged criminally so far in the Sunday incident that was caught on a helmet-mounted camera worn by another biker and was posted online anonymously.

The Manhattan district attorney’s office decided not to immediately prosecute a second person arrested, Allen Edwards, 42, who surrendered to police on Tuesday. But prosecutors said the investigation continues, and they served notice that they intend to take the case against Cruz to a grand jury — a sign that more serious charges are likely.

Prosecutors and police said Cruz was participating in a motorcycle rally speeding along Manhattan’s West Side Highway. Cruz cut in front of a black Range Rover and, still staring at its driver, slowed down so much that the rear tire of his chopper bumped the front of the SUV, they said. He got out and approached the SUV, prosecutors said.

Video captured the moment as about two dozen riders slowed down, swarming the SUV and blocking its path. Some dismounted and approached the vehicle. Police said some of the bikers then began damaging the Range Rover.

The driver, who police say was frightened for his family in the car, suddenly lurched forward, plowing over another rider before heading north. The cyclists gave chase, pursuing the driver for about 2.5 miles.

The chase ended when the SUV exited the highway and got stuck in street traffic. The video showed one biker using his helmet to smash the driver’s window. Police said the group then pulled the man from the SUV and beat him, although that part isn’t shown on the video. The police department confirmed that the video is authentic.

The driver of the SUV, Alexian Lien, 33, was taken to a hospital where he needed stitches for his face. His wife and 2-year-old were not injured. A call to his home wasn’t returned Wednesday.
Cruz’ attorney said his client wasn’t involved in the beating. Cruz has previous arrests in New Jersey, including a theft case in which he pleaded guilty, according to Manhattan prosecutors.

“The bottom line is that my client had nothing to do with what happened to this gentleman, and he does not know the people who, you know, beat this gentleman up on 174th Street,” Perez said. “He never left the location of the accident, and he at no time ever assaulted this man — or his vehicle, for that matter.”

The biker struck, Edwin Mieses Jr., who goes by Jay, remained hospitalized Wednesday. His legs were broken and he has spine injuries that will leave him paralyzed, his wife said. She said her husband is the victim, not the driver of the SUV. At least one other biker was injured.

“Everyone wants to blame the bikers for something this man did,” Dayana Mieses said.

Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said the motorcyclists were participating in a periodic rally in which more than 1,000 bikers head for Times Square. He said police were caught by surprise by the unpermitted event last year but were aware it was taking place this year and “did a fair amount of enforcement” to break up the procession.

There were 15 other arrests and 55 motorcycles confiscated, Kelly said.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:29 pm

Well,since this was brought up-please don't judge MC clubs by what these NYC idiots did,it's an isolated incident.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:36 pm

While what the bikers did originally was wrong. I don't care what anyone says. At the time he ran down those bikes his SUV wasn't under attack & there is no right to attempt to kill someone. Which is what running people over in a SUV is doing. Don't make no mistakes about that.
If I was there & that guy ran over my friend the dude is lucky he just got an A$S kicking. & If I knew then that my friend would be paralyzed from this guy I would have been looking at Prison time, because I would have changed that guys life for good that day.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:50 pm

ndunn wrote:My feeling is the bikers are wrong and out of their minds. That driver was in the middle of chaos and was probably scared out of his mind. My husband and I saw alot of bike's in northern California that was the He$$'s Angels. They did not attempt road rage but I had my fingers crossed until they were out of sight.

The Angels want you to fear them as a matter of respect,it's an image that has always been projected by all 1%er clubs.Truthfully,there really isn't anything to fear unless you give them reason and most people i've met from 1% MC clubs over the years are really good people despite what the media leads you to believe.The incident in NYC if you note the bikes,sport and dirt bikes and something you wouldn't see most any MC doing like these idiots!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:55 pm

wolfgang wrote:
ndunn wrote:My feeling is the bikers are wrong and out of their minds. That driver was in the middle of chaos and was probably scared out of his mind. My husband and I saw alot of bike's in northern California that was the He$$'s Angels. They did not attempt road rage but I had my fingers crossed until they were out of sight.

The Angels want you to fear them as a matter of respect,it's an image that has always been projected by all 1%er clubs.Truthfully,there really isn't anything to fear unless you give them reason and most people i've met from 1% MC clubs over the years are really good people despite what the media leads you to believe.The incident in NYC if you note the bikes,sport and dirt bikes and something you wouldn't see most any MC doing like these idiots!

I agree. I lived next door to an HA & they are cool people (if you aren't Phucking with them) Now some of the younger guys or prospects might be D!cks trying to prove themselves. But the Angels I had been around were good people. Even protective of their neighbors.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:08 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:While what the bikers did originally was wrong. I don't care what anyone says. At the time he ran down those bikes his SUV wasn't under attack & there is no right to attempt to kill someone. Which is what running people over in a SUV is doing. Don't make no mistakes about that.
If I was there & that guy ran over my friend the dude is lucky he just got an A$S kicking. & If I knew then that my friend would be paralyzed from this guy I would have been looking at Prison time, because I would have changed that guys life for good that day.

Hard to say for me with a wife and 2yr.old in the vehicle what i would have done.The one thing for sure is it's pretty stupid to pull in front of a 4000 lb vehicle and lock your brakes up on a motorcycle. :shock: Dip sticks like these give bikers a bad name and we all pay for it because most people stereotype.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:24 pm

wolfgang wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:While what the bikers did originally was wrong. I don't care what anyone says. At the time he ran down those bikes his SUV wasn't under attack & there is no right to attempt to kill someone. Which is what running people over in a SUV is doing. Don't make no mistakes about that.

Hard to say for me with a wife and 2yr.old in the vehicle what i would have done.The one thing for sure is it's pretty stupid to pull in front of a 4000 lb vehicle and lock your brakes up on a motorcycle. :shock: Dip sticks like these give bikers a bad name and we all pay for it because most people stereotype.

yeah there is no doubt the bikers were being childish. But the media paints a picture & the people just go with it.
1st off if I have my 2 yr old in a car I don't get mad & challenge a group of bikers. I swallow my pride & let it go. & before anyone trys to say nothing he could do. That is BS. when the biker slowed down in front of the SUV the SUV could have slowed down too. He didn't have to "bump" the motorcycle. I bet the driver was mad, not scared at this time. But it is not like he is gonna say he was mad. so then when he was stopped no one was trying to break into his rig at that time, where everyone here seems to be thinking at that point it is ok to try & kill someone for their childish behavior. whats the excuse? They were harassing me so I killed him? Yes I know the guy didn't die but when you run someone over on purpose you should be assuming death. No way I could say that guy is innocent. After that point, I am all with the guys that kicked the dudes A$S. Like I said earlier I am not sure I don't do worse things to that guy if I don't come to my senses after someone Killing/attempting too kill a friend of mine.

So if I have a 2 yr old in my car I don't challenge the childish bikers. I back off & b!tch about them to my wife. it actually makes me sick hearing about the poor driver. The guy isn't innocent under any circumstances.
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to The Lobby