FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

BROTHERS......AND THE LADIES WHO HAVE TAMED THEM

<<

Annalee

Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:01 pm

BROTHERS......AND THE LADIES WHO HAVE TAMED THEM

If the only constants are death, taxes, and change, then the Busch brothers – 2004 Cup winner Kurt and his younger brother Kyle – fall into line.

Both brothers have had their fair share of outbursts, petulant moments, poor choices, rants, and lamebrain moves that have won them no favor in public opinion. Yet both drivers have also shown sheer brilliance behind the wheel. Their talent unmistakable and unavoidable cannot be denied.

Although Kurt has a Cup, in the nine years since he has found himself out of a job with some of NASCAR’s best teams.

Jack Roush bid him adieu in 2005 after more than five years together and one Cup championship. It was Kurt’s decision to join Roger Penske’s Cup organization, the No. 2 car vacated by Rusty Wallace. Roush may have been unhappy at first but eventually gained David Ragan.

Penske kept Kurt in his stable until the end of the 2011 season. A laundry list of problems, some known to the public others perhaps not, contributed to the separation which was called a “mutual agreement to part ways”.

Abusive language to teammates, other drivers, despicable behavior, and uncontrollable outbursts including verbally attacking respected member of the media Dr. Jerry Punch at Homestead-Miami Speedway in the season closer in 2011 showed Busch was coming apart at the seams according to public opinion

James Finch agreed to take Kurt on in the 2012 season to run for his Phoenix Racing. If nothing else the name seemed prophetic as Kurt is akin to the proverbial bird that keeps rising from the ashes. But still Kurt’s mouth got him in trouble prompting NASCAR to put him on probation that season. Public opinion once again turned against Kurt.
Despite all of the headlines Kurt continued to do what he does best – drive. He landed a job with Furniture Row Racing for the 2013 season.

And, with raw determination, a powerful, positive new attitude and an obviously reined in personality, Kurt piloted the No. 78 FRR car to a berth in the 2013 Chase, a rarity for a single-car team.
Seeing the emotion in his eyes, the breathiness of his voice upon learning he’d raced himself into the Chase was moving. This Kurt seemed to be a man who had possibly changed. A man who had
been at the top, fallen hard, and had climbed his way back to another chance.
Kurt is a man with the love of a good woman and her son, a boy who makes Kurt want to be a better man.
As a former champion, Kurt knows how to string together a championship season. The question is, are there enough resources and is the team backing him able to contend for the remainder of the Cup season with multi-team, big-budgeted organizations?

If anybody could do it this season, it will be Kurt.

Kyle Busch is Kurt’s younger brother. Although he has yet to earn a Cup, Kyle is arguably the more impressive career-wise with accolades, wins, and records set in NASCAR’s top three series.

Kyle has a legion of loyal, rabid fans who love his go-for-gold driving style no matter the
competition. Kyle is aggressive, focused, dominant, unapologetic, arrogant, and a bit of a punk, but his fans love him for it.
On the flipside, Kyle has also become persona non grata to many fans who just cannot tolerate his attitude, his dominance (especially in the NCWTS and NNS), and his petulant mood in post-race interviews if he does not win.

Kyle has made unfortunate decisions in his career and personal life that allow the media and fans to criticize. Right or wrong, Kyle is a badboy of NASCAR – like his big brother Kurt – and he seems fine with it.

What has plagued Kyle in his career in NASCAR is the ever elusive Sprint Cup. It is the reason driver’s compete in this sport. The championship is the Holy Grail, the greatest achievement, and the only thing most remember when they recall seasons past.

What Kyle and Kurt have in common, it seems, are both strong negatives and positives.

The positives include having the love of a good woman in their corner. No matter what popular opinion says about the respective drivers, how the media or the fans crucify them, their women stand by proudly and lovingly supporting their men. For some that may seem silly to include, but history has shown that a truly great love can sustain and propel a driver to greatness.

The Busch Brothers are certainly separate entities, but being family they have shared traits. This season it seems both have great shots at going farther in the Chase than they’ve had opportunity in recent seasons.

Kurt will have some great momentum as he begins 2014 in his new ride at Stewart-Haas Racing. And, after two Chase races in which he scored a second in both, Kyle Busch is still in position to contend mightily for the Cup.

Regardless of how these two drivers finish, they certainly make watching interesting. Witnessing the changes that are occurring with both Busch Brothers – whether real or perceived – are yet two more reasons why I love NASCAR.

Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:45 pm

Re: BROTHERS......AND THE LADIES WHO HAVE TAMED THEM

ya thats why kurt was screaming like a woman on his radio yesterday,
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:01 am

Annalee wrote: The question is, are there enough resources and is the team backing him able to contend for the remainder of the Cup season with multi-team, big-budgeted organizations?

If anybody could do it this season, it will be Kurt.

No crap, he's the only such driver for the only such team in the Chase.

:lol:

That was a good story. Both of them seem a bit more grounded outside the car, though still as fiery while in the seat when their focus is on trying to win.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:47 pm

I don't know about that article....

1) Doesn't even mention the women's names for heavens sake!

2) They make it seem like Patricia is on the same ground as Sam...and that just aint so. Sam put in the time, face time, air time and even a wedding. Patricia comes lately and she's on the same level?

This Kurt "insta-family" ( just add water) is making me want to puke.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

KMOAutobahn

Post Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:58 pm

smokieonefour wrote:I don't know about that article....

1) Doesn't even mention the women's names for heavens sake!

2) They make it seem like Patricia is on the same ground as Sam...and that just aint so. Sam put in the time, face time, air time and even a wedding. Patricia comes lately and she's on the same level?

This Kurt "insta-family" ( just add water) is making me want to puke.

kurt and patricia have been together for awhile now, since before his split with penske. so she's stuck with him through more bad times than good. and she's gotten kurt very much involved with her american armed forces--wounded soldiers program (image rehab *cough cough*), so I would say that's more admirable and substantial than spending kyle's money.
<<

tlooney14

Post Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:32 am

I don't care for either bush ....just saying :evil:
TLooney14
...settling for second, you might as well kiss your aunt with a hairy mustache. - Tony Stewart
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:42 pm

tlooney14 wrote:I don't care for either bush ....just saying :evil:

Poor George and George W.

How about the Busch brothers, what do you think of them?

:P
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.

Return to Kurt Busch